Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

what should I do if I want to leave out of state with our baby?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've really had enough. Tell me if I'm exaggerating and if I should go back and apologize.
I live downstairs with my baby and his father... And this is his moms house. He came downstairs and asked me if I'm cooking anything -ugh- I finally agreed that I'd make him an egg/sausage burrito. I hate cooking because I'm not that great And I get intimidated using someone else's stuff. Anyways towards the end of cooking it smelled like something was burning And I thought it was me because it was sticking to the pan. The bf even told me it was my pan... So anyways I finished and set the pan in water thinking that it had burnt. Eventually we realized that next to my pan was his mothers big pan or burnt beans.. that is what was burning! His mom wad yelling around, why no one checked on her pan, I was next to it, why I didn't check it. Then the bf said the same, why didn't I check. They both made me feel so stupid, I just had enough and cried. They all pointed fingers to me, I didn't check the pan beside me. Mind you this woman once told me that I ruined a pan of food because I touched it. Since they, I never cared to look into her pans etc.

So I left because the bf saw me crying , told me to stop because he was sick of it, sick of me being depressed.

I took the bus to the mall because I have no where or no body to go to. I just want to move back home to CA but I have no idea how to do this. I wanted to crash at a hotel but I'm afraid they'll accuse me of abandoning my Child but right now, the best place is there because i really am lost.

Basically I want to go back home but I cant b in that house anymore... Im just lost

Ps.... There's a history of bullshit like this, blaming Me and making Me feel stupid. I'll take blame if I really deserve it but they wouldn't. So unfair to me and no compassion .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mikala76
by Michelle on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
***Hugs*** You really have alot on your plate. If it would be better I would move back home. What they're doing is a form of psychological abuse. I wouldn't want to raise my child in that environment. He might pick up on it, and start treating you this way, as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

he's ur bf...not ur husband.  You can leave if you want to but I would talk to an attorney first (most of them have 30 minutes of free consultation).  find out what the law is before you take the law into your own hands but you really need to get out of that situation.

If you can't, then you can either ignore them when they start in on you or you can scream back at them. If your bf can't stand the crying and depression, then he needs to cough up some money for you and the baby to go back to CA.   Just remember, though, nobody can MAKE you feel or do anything.  Do you have anyone in CA that can help you get back there?

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

group hug

littleladiesx3
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:32 AM

omg he's so cute how old is he? Looks like my little girl soo much hair! I love it. Anyways, I really hate when people have no respect for mothers. Idk what to say. I've always been to chickenshit to leave town myself, but, I'm sure you could serve him from CA? I'm sorry hun. Stay strong. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I would go back to your family, why wouldn't he go with you?  You don't need to be walking on eggshells like that, anyone would get upset about that (((hugs))).

jacrawford
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Since you are not married just about every state says the mother can leave with the child but if you were married it is harder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

i see your issues, but they don't warrant running away.  stay and speak up to them.  good luck

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM

did she ask you to check on the beans? from what I can tell they were her responsiblilty, not yours, so why would you think to check on them? Your bf and his mom should apologize for hollering at you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)