Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Dont wanna leave house!

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
So today i got group therapy n do not wanna go.anytime i have to go out of my comfort zone or out the house my anxiety kicks in.especially when it comes to therapy.i have a med transport van that comes n gets me.so first i get nervous bout sittin around waiting n then i worry whose in the van.are their other people?i have social anxiety as well.just knowin i got to leave the house n i will b gone for a few hours rubs me the wrong way.i hate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM

i do the same thing but i have to force myself to get out some. after i do it i feel much better. you might just have to force yourself. that is what everyone told me to do and i always feel better after i do. just try not to think about it. enjoy looking at the scenery around you. i hadnt gone out in several months and i made up my mind i was going to the pool and went wi th my daughter and we had a blast in the water. so i hope you dont back out. good luck!

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Sorry- I have SA also, but not so bad right now. Does therapy leave you feeling better or stronger? If so, concentrate on that part and it will help you get through the discomfort of now.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

hugs! I've been there. Just remember to take deep breaths, and bring something cold to sip on, that usually helps me.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I've had to do that too, get picked up by the insurance van to go to day treatment. I would dread it, but I would force myself step by step in the morning and getting to day treatment helped me and I felt better.

Have you been prescribed anything for anxiety?  Benadryl can help too, but some people get worse on benadryl.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Yes I have social anxiety too and Im going through what youre going through not wanting to leave my house. Thats been my biggest problem lately. And yesterday was the last day of school for my sons who are 13 and almost 8.I have no idea how Im gonna make it through the summer cuz I cant make them prisoners in our home like I am. I sure wish you all the best! HUGS MAMA! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lostmommy326
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM
The group therapy isnt helpion much.i only go one day a week cuz thats all insurance covers.i am on medicine...effexor seroquel n vistaril for anxiety.its hard to tell if its working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celeste1866
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I totally understand what your saying... I have Multiple Schlerocis, and for some reason my anxiety level goes up so high when I have to go any where, even shopping. My husband hates it and does'nt understand, I don't even understand, and for some reason or another I feel a claustic fobic fealing when I have to go out!!!

lostmommy326
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Whenever i go out i always need sumone wit me even foodshoppin.n walmart is especially bad.seems like everyone knows im there n hovers round me n i usually end up leavin cursin out loud n bein angry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss-karla
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM

i have social anxiety too. all started from high school rumours that went on for 4 years, nothing was bad until after a few years since i finished school. Everything started to affect me including that and work, and relationship issues.

Everywhere i went i had a feeling people were watching and judging me. One time it was so bad i bursted out crying in public and couldnt handle it anymore. So much stress etc, i got help with depression.

Since then the past year i have been feeling depressed again, and i dont go out much anymore. only to shops and paying rent/bills. I dont drink either. i still have social anxiety but mild symptoms.

I know how u feel lostmommy326. It will get better, fingers crossed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)