Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

can anyone help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Hello--I am really alone right now.  I have tried to recah out for help, and I am getting nowhere.  Long story short, my SO is emotionally abusive to me and we have communication problems which he will not seek help for.  I need to leave, but I am extremely dependent on my SO finacially to the point that I have so much devbt I \have been sued and told them I have absolutely no assets.  I have 2 very small children and I do not want them to get hurt.  I do not want anyone with my children except me.  Is there anyone who can help me or give me direction for help.  E-mails and internet are best for me.  My phone is very difficult to utlize for help as my SO always asks who I am talking to. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

What city are you in hon? Maybe we can find a woman's shelter or transition house. *hugs*

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I am in Eagle, Colorado in the middle of nowhere about 2 hours from Denver.  I do not have a vehicle that I can take if I leave him.  The vehicles are all in his name. 

Quoting mrsvixen:

What city are you in hon? Maybe we can find a woman's shelter or transition house. *hugs*

Dereksmom1018
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting mrsvixen:

call domestic violence hotline for some assistance

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Call your local police department (you CAN remain anonymous) and ask them for assistance in getting you the names/numbers of shelters in your area.  Some shelters for women are not advertised on the internet or yellow pages for safety reasons. 

Call your local churches and do the same thing.  Call several of them. 

You can email them if you want but its better to call.  Make an appointment to go to a salon or grocery shopping.  Take a cell phone with you or get a disposable one.  Get yourself a POBox and start moving yourself into a life of your own. 

If you're in that much debt, start saving money in your own savings account (most are free to open with a minimum deposit). 

qweennala
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Call 211. They can give you advice and help you find a safe place away from him. There are shelters available that do not allow men within 1000 feet of the property. They can also help you get back on your feet and become independent without him.

You can also go to 211colorado.org for some help. I tried to copy and paste the link but my browser won't let me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)