Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

whats the point?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, im amber, im new to this group im 20 and pregnant with my 2nd child, my son is 6 months old and i have extreme post partum depression, and not allowed to take meds for it (considering im preg)

Im trying soo hard to not let my depression get control of me, my doc told me today that post partum is one of the worst type of depressions, I only just admitted it to myself about a month or so ago and its been going on since my son was 2 weeks. :(

My husband is bipolar with ptsd and depression as well, and he is the most amazing guy... EXCEPT right after he is woken up, he gets so mad about everything that happens within the first hour of waking up and sometimes the arguments get so bad, i know its his bipolar and my depression and everything but it hurts and puts me in a horrible depressed mood that i cant  get myself out of for days. then right after i start feeling better something happens to put me in my depressed mood again.

ALSO i cant stand my DH's parents! his mom mostly though. she is bipolar as well with alot of mental problems and i understand that you cant control that (i know what its like not to be able to control your emotions) but she really knew how to insult me! Apparently i disowned my son by leaving him in the living room with his father who promised i could sleep in since i dropped his drunk friend off at his house 20 miles away at 2 in the morning, and he fell asleep on the floor with my son in the pack n play just fine but cuz i left him out there and THEIR son fell asleep on his own son (who is half his, so really why cant i ever sleep in without it meaning im disowning my son?)  like really? ugh, and she talks shit about me behind my back. i have never done anything to her :( then she started talking shit about my mom who is deaf so i get really defensive when people talk crap about her, she has depression and has almost killed herself just from the lonliness, and she only talked shit because my mom didnt come over and clean our house~! wtf, we are 20 not 12, my mom didnt even clean my room when i was living there why should she come clean our house for us! anyway yeah, i almost punched her in the face, it was my pregnancy hormones i have never came close to punching anyone but she put me in such a depressed mood and then we got evicted from our apartment for fHIS MOM yelling and screaming at me since i told her to get out of my house cuz she was being disrespectful. and that was a week after i found out i was pregnant again,

Sometime i just wanna run away from my life but i love my family so much. i dont know how to get through this :( lifes a bitch.

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Im really sorry you have to go through this shit, especially being pregnant. I agree with you though, life IS a bitch! :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I am so sorry that you are going through this!  There are so meds that are okay to take while pregnant because sometimes the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to the mom's mental health.  Also, what about your husband being on the right kids of meds.  I don't think he should be able to use his bipolar as an excuse to be an ass first thing in the morning.  Just saying.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM

maybe you could allow your husband some alone time when he first gets up. that way he can get himself together and you wont have to bother with his mood. i know i am bipolar and the morning time is the roughest for me. and as far as your mil goes, she doesnt know what she is talking about so i wouldnt listen to her. keep her away as much as possible. you are not doing anything wrong. i  have a mil like that and i stay away from her as much as possible. good luck with everything.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are going through all this. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and I always woke up in a bad mood in the mornings for along time. My dr put me on a moodstabilizer that I take at night before bed so I wake up in a better mood.  Your MIL sounds very toxic. She sounds like she uses bipolar to get by with things she does. That is not an excuse. I'm not saying that when you are in a manic stage you don't do things that you normally wouldn't do. But she sounds like a bitter woman that wants to start problems with your family

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM

does his mother live with you? she sounds like a very toxic person, and I would try to just let anything she says roll off her back. her silly shit talking is ridiculous and she's probably just trying to get attention. hugs!

proudmama2013
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM

im pretty sure i never said he was using his bipolar as an excuse to be an ass first thing in the morning...

he never uses it as an excuse, i just can see the bipolar. and yes he is on meds but they are still trying to find the right combo for him.

Quoting anotherandree:

I am so sorry that you are going through this!  There are so meds that are okay to take while pregnant because sometimes the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to the mom's mental health.  Also, what about your husband being on the right kids of meds.  I don't think he should be able to use his bipolar as an excuse to be an ass first thing in the morning.  Just saying.

anotherandree
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I'm sorry.  I did not mean to make it come off as rude as it did.  I guess I was in a mood myself.  Figuring out meds is such a tricky thing.  Again, I am sorry.

Quoting proudmama2013:

im pretty sure i never said he was using his bipolar as an excuse to be an ass first thing in the morning...

he never uses it as an excuse, i just can see the bipolar. and yes he is on meds but they are still trying to find the right combo for him.

Quoting anotherandree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN