Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Lithium

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
Anyone tried it? My dr mentioned it today cause I've always wanted to try it but due to my low functioning thyroid most dr won't give it to me, well my new psych said he would and all he has to do is up my my hormone replacement. Thing is he says his patients love it and once they start it they never switch, I have manic bipolar so I mostly angry depressed, wondering if anyone has experience with this drug?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LexRi0709
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM
My ex's mother is bipolar and it worked great for her. I haven't seen or spoken to her in 7 or 8 years though. She was put on it after 9-11 because she had a nervous breakdown and thought she caused the attacks.

She also has systemic lupus and fibromyalgia.

I say try it. Its worth a try if it could work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I've never tried it, but good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I was on it many years ago. Ive never been manic a day in my life but my doctors were getting desperate (I was too) so I went on it for depression and mood swings. The kind of mood swings where I would sort of be ok and then I would be SEVERELY depressed. I dont think it helped much. I was on it for about 5 years. The BAD thing was that it made me gain 60 pounds REALLY FAST. My dr failed to warn me of that side effect. That in itself was depressing for me. But I dont know if that would happen to you or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM

i havent taken it but i hear it is a good drug to take for bipolar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)