Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New here

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi I am new here. I am 23 will be 24 in Sept. I have 2 boys and 1 on the way. I have been depressed sense I found out we were having a boy. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and wish for nothing but healthy babies. But this is our last baby and I thought for sure he was a she and really wanted a girl since it is our last baby. I will love him just as much as my other kids. I am so depressed now how am I supposed to get my girl. I can't dress a boy up in cute dresses and clothes boys clothes are not cute like girls. Its just not fair people that don't need kids get girls why not me what have I done wrong? I prayed so hard for a girl and my prayers weren't answered. What do I do about my depression? I just want a girl. :o(

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers       Lilypie Second Birthday tickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I understand gender disappointment. I gave 2 boys also and so badly want a girl too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Your prayers actually were answered.  God simply said, "no, not right now.  Right now, you need another son."

Why God works this way, I don't know.  I truly believe that because he sees our future that there's a reason he's placing another son in your life.  The reason will be revealed later on in life.

I understand about wanting a girl - I did, too.  But 2 boys later and I'm just glad they're here to keep me sane and healthy running after their little butts. 

You did nothing wrong.  Your prayers were definitely answered.  Your wish wasn't - but your prayers were.

anotherandree
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I appreciate that you are acknowledging your disappointment.  I know so many people that bottle it up and then hold resentments.  Truthfully, I think expressing it will be your first steps in working through the disappointment.  Talking about it, but also assuring yourself that you WILL love this baby.  I had a friend that had 4 boys and she was very disappointed when the last one was a boy.  However, when he arrived, she was in love with his smile and she ended up getting "last baby syndrome" like many of us and doted on him to no end!

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I had two boys, and finally got my daughter. So I understand your disappointment. They weren't going to tell me the sex at my ultrasound, but I told them when the baby was a boy last time, I fell into a big depression, and I wanted to know so I can adapt my thinking.

Now my dd is 16, and my adopted son and his gf are expecting, so I'm really hoping it's a girl :)

Welcome to our little group

CafeMom Tickers

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Im so sorry youre feeling this way. I too wanted a girl SO BAD the first time around and was secretely disappointed my first was going to be a boy. The only person I could tell was my mom. With the second 5 yrs later I hoped so much it would be a boy and it was. I wanted my 2nd and last to be a boy for practical reasons, like them having to share a room and also I wasnt sure I knew how to raise a girl since I had 1 boy and a hubby, which really is just a big boy. I figured if we had a girl she would be having burping and farting contests with them! Im so happy the 2nd was a boy! A girl wouldnt have stood a chance! I do hope for at least 1 granddaughter though in the future to spoil. I know we love all our kids no matter the sex, but I do understand your feelings. I wish I could cheer you up. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

i know you feel sad because you are not getting a girl. my daughter has three boys and when i watch them together it makes my heart shine. maybe you can try for another one later. you are young and could always take some time and think about it.or there are options like adoption.when i was pregnant with my third i wanted a boy and she was a girl but i know why now. she has been a god send. maybe things worked out this way for a reason.

mrsguess09
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM

thank you ladies for the support and understanding. This is our third boy and last baby. And yes I will ove him very much and I will not resent him. I know people that got babies given to them I wish someone would give me a baby girl. lol

Ava2060
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Hi...careful what  you wish for--you just might get it! I have 3 young adult children (2girls/1son) & a 15yr old daughter--when we had her we had been told we couldn't have anymore children & weren't planning for more either! I remember wanting my first to be a girl so bad!!! Congratulations on all 3 of boys! After having had children in my early 20's then getting a surprise at age 34 that has been a Joy; i see now we got what we needed--and what we needed was actually what we wanted all along. Bless you & you're babies! feeding baby 

Quoting mrsguess09:

thank you ladies for the support and understanding. This is our third boy and last baby. And yes I will ove him very much and I will not resent him. I know people that got babies given to them I wish someone would give me a baby girl. lol

Tracey!!!

Dereksmom1018
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:20 AM

ultrasounds can be wrong????

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM

hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)