Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

i need help but im too scared

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 20 Replies
I think I'm clinically depressed. Not sure. I'm already on meds for anxity/ depression.
My OB put me on alprazolam for a month. I don't see it helping. I feel like I can't keep going like this anymore. I'm loosing it. I get made really fast ,yell and snap for no reason. Ive had lots of suicide thoughts but there's no way I would.leave my.son and.hubby. also this has affected my feelings/ attitude toward my husband. He is a good hardworking man. Always. Gone working. He has a 6 days a week job than cuts grass on the side so hes really never home. But I feel like i have no passion at all for. Him and I know I love him but I feel like I just live with him. I hope you know what I mean , I can't really explain that feeling. We are always fighting about.something lately because. I blow things up and make a big deal when there not. I have.no friends and stay in this house almost 24/7 so I'm sure that don't.help. sometimes I don't even feel like dealing with my baby. I feel like taking him to a family member that will take wonderful care of him and check myslef out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs! if you feel like your meds aren't working how they are supposed to, have a talk with your doctor. A lot of people have to experiment a lot to get the right medication(s). can you and the baby get out of the house and go for a walk or go to the mall or something?

westonsmommy23
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Yeah some depends if my hubby will let me and if we have any gas. If not that I'm stuck here because I don't get money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

You need to talk to a doc, regardless of if DH will "let" you.  Its vital for your heath.  Please talk to your doc about what is going on.  They can help, or at least try their best to get you the care you need.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

your med is just for anxiety. there is nothing in it for depression. you need to go back and talk to your dr and tell him you think you need something for depression and tell him all your symptoms. just like you told us. there is nothing to be afaid of. dont put it off so you dont get any worse. good luck! let us know what happens.

westonsmommy23
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Ok ill call my OB and ask for depression meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
westonsmommy23
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I just called and they are.calling me.in some depression meds. So I will see how it works with my anxity meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
bump

Iamalwaysme
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I am sorry that you are going through all of this. I do hope the new meds will work for you

westonsmommy23
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

they put me on CYMBALTA.

Tracys2
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Cymbalta is one I've heard of but not used (I used them years back, so that's not a surprise). I hope it helps. Remember, it will probably take a couple/few weeks for it to properly kick in.

I hope it helps you! If it doesn't start helping or things get worse, please call back and they can help you more.

Getting out of the house is one thing they told all of us I know with these issues. Even just getting outside (ideally in the sun) and going for a short walk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)