Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm Super tired ALL the time and I finally know why

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 10 Replies

My depression has been under control for quite some time with meds, I take a stimulant for ADHD, and had a complete physical with bloodwork to make sure I'm healthy, my doc asked if I snore, I answered yes, and he said 75% of people who snore have sleep apnea.

I had a sleep study, and there we go, sleep apnea. 

I'm so thankful it's not my meds making me feel so tired and hung over. I can't wait to start cpap. My next sleep study is on the 8th and my follow up is on the 22nd. 

I just want to live normally again. It seems like after I had my son three years ago, everything went haywire. I was normally a high functioning person, went to school full time, worked full time, got a's, great reviews, now I can't even get out of bed or make it through the day without a two hour nap. I'm NOT a lazy person at all, I've always been a "go getter". 

I'll be so happy when my sleep apnea is treated. 

Thanks for listening,

Leslie

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeri.arellanes
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

That's great news!  Glad you're going to be sleeping better soon!  It's frustrating, isn't it, when you don't know what's wrong.  

Hope all works out well with your cpap and your upcoming sleep studies.  Let us know how things are progressing!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i have sleep apnea also and had to do without my cpap machine a few days back for a few nights because my machine quit working. it was awful. but when i got put on it it made such a big difference in my sleep and the way i felt the next day. good luck to you.

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

That's great that they were able to figure that out! My pregnancy with dd was pretty trouble free but since then I've been dealing with some other stuff, and just when I thought I got ppd under control my anxiety goes up. And still most people look at me like, how do you do all that (raise dd, go to grad school, run my own business and take care of the house)? It's hard but sometimes I just smile and say "I don't sleep" like it's a joke and they laugh because they don't realize it's not. Anyway, hope everything works out for you soon. 

anotherandree
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Isn't it interesting that once you figure out why something is happening, you almost want to slap your forehead and say, "Well, duh!"  I had headaches EVERYDAY for FOUR years.  It was horrible!  I tried everything.  I finally say a neuorologist who said, "Anyone ever tell you that you might have migraines?"  He prescribed Topamax and I was headache free within a week!  *angels sing*  Anyhoo, congrats on actually getting some sleep!  Yay!!!

keepinupw3
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM

i feel that way too tired all the time,, no matter what time i go to bed,, and i always want a nap during the day,,  can you tell me what is cpap and surely if you have to wear it while you sleep it cant be comfortable.. ??? thanks ladies

the.deadly.mrs
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Quoting keepinupw3:

i feel that way too tired all the time,, no matter what time i go to bed,, and i always want a nap during the day,,  can you tell me what is cpap and surely if you have to wear it while you sleep it cant be comfortable.. ??? thanks ladies

Go to your general practicioner and tell him/her what's going on, I don't know much about c-pap, I'll be able to tell you from personal experience after the 22nd when I have a prescription for it. I hear it takes getting used to and there are several types of machines. 

the.deadly.mrs
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Thanks Ladies!!

BeAmour
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I think I have a little sleep apnea issue, too.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

That is great!  Well not that you have sleepapnea but that you found the source of your exhaustion. I hope the sleep apnea treatmetns work for you. It will make you feel a lot better.

JansRainbow
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I am sorry you have sleep apnea, but glad you found out. I hope the treatments help and you are feeling  better soon. Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN