Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Weird... Brown Bleeding 1 week after D&C Please Help!!!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi everyone, I had a miscariage and had a D&C done at 10 weeks on July 6th. My recovery seemed to be ok and I only had light bleeding that didn't even require a pad for a few days afterwards. I normally have irregular periods caused by PCOS. Everythings seemed to be fine until last night. I started having tons of brown blood and discharge. (sorry yuck) I have never seen this color come out of my body before.

Anybody know what's happening to me? It's gross. It's a true medium dark drown color- no red visable at all. My lower back hurts too.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this

saying it is brown in color tells me that it is old blood. probably something leftover in your uterus. now if it gets bright red then you should probably call your dr.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Most likely old blood. I too had a D&C after a miscarriage at 10 weeks about 10 years ago. I pretty much experienced the same thing. Sometimes even towards the end of my period I get this brown blood. My dr. always said it's normal, that it's just old blood. I'm sorry about your miscarriage. Hugs mama!
Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this

brown blood and mucusy stuff comes out of me at the end of my period for about 1 or 2 days. It always goes away. Yours will too. It is dried blood, very normal.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

It's old blood.  Sorry for all you're going thru.  Hugs.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
The same thing happened to me. I was okay. Give a call to your ob just for reassurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barilka
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Thank You for all the replies and huggs. This may sound like a dumb question. As of today I started light bleeding red and passing clots like a period. Could it be my period or just bleeding from the D&C? I thought the point of a D&C was to clean everything out of your uterus. I am also having severe cramping on top of everything else. I am having a hard time sleeping because of the pain. When I stand or walk it's unbearable. I also have stabbing like pain in my lower abdomen. Is this normal?

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I myself just had a miscarriage this week. My second one. I had the stabbing abdominal pain. If it gets too bad go see doc. But my doctor said some pain is normal. Sorry about your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Behindthelense
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Brown typically means old blood, bright red is usually sign of infection. If it's troubling you call your doctor :) I'm sorry you had to go through that -hugs-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN