Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Giving up

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
Lately im gettin back into that phase where im just letting things go n slacking n canceling appoinments etc.i feel trapped n stuck.i just feel like giving up.everyone around me in my house is getting jobs n ima b here stuck waitin to c if i get approved for disability n bein an in house babysitter.just feel so overwhelmed with changes i want to make in life but canmt seem to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I think you definitely need to keep your appointments, especially if they are with a therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lostmommy326
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Well rite now its group therapy n not helpin me at all.im tryin to stick wit it so i can get meds n in 2 weeks they will transfer me to individual therapy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeer-c
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Sorry you are having a rough patch. I get the same way and start slacking. I think it is great you are in therapy. Utilize it. I cannot find any treatment options in my area and I wish I had other people to talk to face to face. It does get depressing when everyone around you are advancing with the things they want to do in their life and you are stuck. Been there. Hugs. I hope things turn around soon.

artistmom889
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:51 AM

THIS

Quoting reindeer-c:

Sorry you are having a rough patch. I get the same way and start slacking. I think it is great you are in therapy. Utilize it. I cannot find any treatment options in my area and I wish I had other people to talk to face to face. It does get depressing when everyone around you are advancing with the things they want to do in their life and you are stuck. Been there. Hugs. I hope things turn around soon.

and DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

LaMamiDeJase
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I know how you feel! Things will get better!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

hugs! im sorry youre feeling so low. try to keep thinking positive thoughts and keep your dreams in your head and dont give up on them. sometimes it takes a little while to get disability so keep working on it. dont give up momma!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Keep pushing yourself so you can get the treatment you need. I know its hard but it will help you.

Quoting lostmommy326:

Well rite now its group therapy n not helpin me at all.im tryin to stick wit it so i can get meds n in 2 weeks they will transfer me to individual therapy.

lostmommy326
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Thanks everyone.im just feelin horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynnster327
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Don't give up it can always get hard but it's up to you to let it get to u to a certain extent you can do it hold your head up !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenann34
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I know exactly how you feel! Your not alone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)