Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Sick and tired

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am so fed up with my life - and people telling me "things will get better, only u can change how ur life goes"   Well - I always seem to be falling into a bucket of s@*t and sinking.  I have tried many things in my years to make things better, and nothing ever works out.  I tried to start to different businesses, see others in the same business succeeding, and I never get anywhere.  Work my rear off for years, helped others for years, and still do help, thinking the whole "what goes around comes around" idea is real - NOT!!!!!.  Every time I turn around, something else is going wrong.  I see all these others going out with friends (I have none), going on vacation (I can't), enjoying life and having good things happen to them, (Not me).  I want to know what I did to deserve such a rotten life.  It started right from the beginning - my only family (on father's side) didn't want anything to do with me.  They only wanted my two sisters, and then of course, my only brother after me.  I believe what my father said, and mother didn't defend me, when he said he wished it had been me that died, not my brother.  Who's the one that helped take care of father before he died - oh yeah, that was me, not my two sisters - but they were always his favorites.  I am FED UP!!!!  Thanks for listening.  Had to let someone know how I feel, noone understands around here.  They think all I care about is myself.

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Girl Im right up there with you. This has been a shitty day and when I think about it a shitty life too. Its always 1 step forward 2 steps back for me. Im here if you need a friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

If I were you, I'd get even more selfish with my time, energy and goals.  It's time to let go of the past and move into your future.  And people are right.  Only you can do that.

mrsvixen
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM

You've got two choices, say screw it, and keep trying (even the greats of our time FAILED many times before getting it right)

or continue to be negative, and see on the negitive. You can't change the past, the way you were treated, what happened etc, but you ARE in charge of your life. You may not be able to have absolute control, but you do have CHOICES.

Good thing for me, I'm too damn stubborn to lay down and die

CafeMom Tickers
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

you should be caring about yourself. it sounds like youve had it rough. would finding another job that pays better help you out any. then at least maybe you could go on a vacation. it doesnt have to be so far away. you can even get a hotel room that has a pool and spend a few days there.it sounds like you need to treat yourself. dont worry about what other people say as long as you know who you are. keep yourself distant from any negativity. it sounds like you are a very ambitious and outgoing person. keep trying and things should work out for you. good luck.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I have looked for even parttime jobs, cleaning jobs, retail jobs for the last 7 years, and can't find anything.  Prior to that I had been helping my mother take care of my father for 5 years.  I honestly believe that because I did that, and my age (50+ yrs old), that noone will hire me. 

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thanks  - at least I know one person understands. 

Quoting ashleighmama:

Girl Im right up there with you. This has been a shitty day and when I think about it a shitty life too. Its always 1 step forward 2 steps back for me. Im here if you need a friend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy today, but I want you to know you CAN do it!!!!!

Please google a list of people who became successful late in life. You will be surprised!

Did you know Colonel Saunders started KFC at something like 56 and used his social security check to do it??

There are many more like him. Keep your head up.

Remember winning is never quitting! So if you've kept trying and you're still trying then you ARE winning!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)