Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

therapy today

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
My session went well, I guess. My therapist is a little nutty imo, but she has a good heart. She doesn't "get" me though. She even said that she finds me strange but in an interesting way. I don't like feeling like a specimen of some sort, I want to get better. I can't switch drs either, which kind of sucks. She's also a Christian, and I am not a religious person, and she is a bit pushy about "needing to believe in something superior", which bugs me. I really wish I could have one of my old therapists. This one is just making me mask myself like I do all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM

she told you that you were strange? that's kind of rude.

anotherandree
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Does she want you to believe because they follow the 12 Step model to recovery with Step 3 being something greater than ourselves will restore us to sanity? I only ask because the way you worded it sounded exactly like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I'm sorry hon, maybe it will get better with time?

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Im sorry :-( I am one that truly believes the right therapist that you totally click with makes all the difference in the world. Im not a religous person either. At least shes nice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:50 AM

im sorry you dont like your therapist. i would try to see if i could get another one. if you have to stick with  her, take what she says that you like and let the rest of it go. try not to mask yourself.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Yeah, I thought so too. She was asking me things about myself and then she said that she finds me strange, but in an interesting way. I mean I kind of understand what she means, but it was something better left unsaid. I know I'm not normal. I know that it's why I have a hard time making friends. People here are such conformists and I believe strongly in being my own person, no matter what others think. Some people have a hard time grasping that. Lol

Quoting leahbeah143:

she told you that you were strange? that's kind of rude.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I don't think so. One of the questions on the evaluation was whether I was religious or believed in something superior, and I said no. I like the idealogy of religion, but it doesn't convince me. She's a Christian so she was offended by it and said that I should really believe in something. And then tried to shove the fact that I have been blessed with a great husband and child and how that sounds like a blessing from God.

Quoting anotherandree:

Does she want you to believe because they follow the 12 Step model to recovery with Step 3 being something greater than ourselves will restore us to sanity? I only ask because the way you worded it sounded exactly like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
My old therapist was awesome. He really understood me. He was seriously the best. But I am not even close to where he is lol I live in Puerto Rico, he's in CT. Lol
She is nice, a little nutty but nice. If you were to meet her on the street, "therapist" would be your last guess on what career field she is in lol

Quoting ashleighmama:

Im sorry :-( I am one that truly believes the right therapist that you totally click with makes all the difference in the world. Im not a religous person either. At least shes nice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Ouch! That.was.not.right of her to do. I had a therapist like that once. Made me feel like I was back on Catholic school.

Quoting jazi1105:

I don't think so. One of the questions on the evaluation was whether I was religious or believed in something superior, and I said no. I like the idealogy of religion, but it doesn't convince me. She's a Christian so she was offended by it and said that I should really believe in something. And then tried to shove the fact that I have been blessed with a great husband and child and how that sounds like a blessing from God.

Quoting anotherandree:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN