Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've thought about this off and on for awhile, but tonight for whatever reason it's been on my mind more.

First, I want to start by saying I'm very blessed - I have a great family and a good job. I'm lucky in many ways.

Which leads to the selfish aspect of my thoughts...I feel like something is missing. A chunk of me feels empty inside. I see/hear people talking about their friends and social lives. I feel like I need friends to connect with, social things to do...for example, Ive seen people posting about "girls nights out" some recently. I used to do that with my friends a lot, but most of those friends now are living far away, too busy, or we've grown apart.

I'm in my 30s now (not old, I know) and I feel like my life is wasting away. All I do is stay home, go to work, and repeat, day in and day out. I didn't do a lot of fun, crazy stuff like most people my age have done/are doing. Depression hit me hard in my 20s and I feel like I've missed out. I don't want to wake up one day and realize I allowed life to pass me by.

Sorry my thoughts are all over the place. I'm crying as I write this and I don't even know why. I guess it just comes down to feeling bored, lonely, and empty inside.
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I write. I'm nearly 50 and I write which is my way of being social.  My characters keep me entertained.

I haven't had a girl's night out in a very long time.  Last time I did, it was a disaster because I'm not social anymore. 

Being social can help or hurt. Sounds more like you need a friend to talk to and hang with sometimes.  Try getting into group therapy to meet up with people who are going through the same things you are.  Perhaps one for social anxiety.  They will teach you the skills needed to get out of your routine and make a few friends. 

I know about wash, rinse, repeat. It's a tough cycle to break but you HAVE to make time to do things that you like to do. 

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Thanks.I hope your feeling better

Quoting sunangel803:

Quoting hopealways4019:

I feel same way. But sounds like you have more than me. I never really had friends . Too shy too reach out and make friends. I had 5 children, now 4 my son passed away last month. Its been rough for me! I have never had a descent guy. No job, car. I feel bored, empty everyday. Im just gonna hold on to belief, things will get better.

I'm so sorry about your son. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. *hugs* message me if you ever need to talk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)