Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I wish my daughter liked me :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My 3 year old hates me.  She has actually said that she is afraid of me.  When I try to talk to her she has this sad look in her face and puts her head down.  I don't think I hurt her, but I do get really frustrated with her.  I don't know what to do.  I need help/advice.  I just want her to love me. 

sad

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I don't think she hates you. Has she said why she is afraid of you?  When you get frustrated what happens?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting matreshka:

I don't think she hates you. Has she said why she is afraid of you?  When you get frustrated what happens?

this.

And I'm sure we've all gotten frustrated with our kids as toddlers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

When I get frustrated I yell sometimes (I know that doesn't help). 

Our good times are when we sit and read together.  I try to play games as much as possible and be fun.  But when I get frustrated it is like a switch gets turned and I am the opposite.  I hate it.  I love her sooo much, I hate yelling.  I have tried the relaxation techniques.  I want her to be happy and loved, and I want to be able to do that even when I am frustrated.  It makes me sad. 

Quoting matreshka:

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

No one's perfect.  Yelling can really hurt a child. I understand the flip of a switch reactions, I get like that too. I will leave the room to go do the dishes or scrub the stove if I feel like I am going to yell at either one of my kids if they are frustrating me.  My 2 year old has been driving me up a wall lately and its been hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I get frustrated I yell sometimes (I know that doesn't help). 

Our good times are when we sit and read together.  I try to play games as much as possible and be fun.  But when I get frustrated it is like a switch gets turned and I am the opposite.  I hate it.  I love her sooo much, I hate yelling.  I have tried the relaxation techniques.  I want her to be happy and loved, and I want to be able to do that even when I am frustrated.  It makes me sad. 

Quoting matreshka:

mifirst13
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM

omg ur baby loves u to death. im so sorry 2 hear u feel that. but i do have a few question are u a single parent. and is she spoiled. and some times they feel like everything she does she gets in trouble for but u should know she loves u and will always love. and she still young have sometimes with her where she feels you are just as silly as she is... i really hopes this helps u

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I am not single.  My DH does let her do a lot of things that I don't let her do. 

Thanks for the advice!! 

Quoting mifirst13:

omg ur baby loves u to death. im so sorry 2 hear u feel that. but i do have a few question are u a single parent. and is she spoiled. and some times they feel like everything she does she gets in trouble for but u should know she loves u and will always love. and she still young have sometimes with her where she feels you are just as silly as she is... i really hopes this helps u

hugs

iluvmy2somuch
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Have you ever done anything in the past?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

no, I never will. 

Quoting iluvmy2somuch:

Have you ever done anything in the past?

AndiWest83
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Maybe try to pay attention to her when she's being good. Praise her for playing nicely/quietly. Make her feel like she can do good in your eyes. Maybe when she's being bad try to redirect her? Ask her if she want to play with mommy or daddy? Get her to forget what it was she wasn't supposed to be doing? Just a thought. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Three year olds like to test us and press our buttons. I'm sure she's just being a 3 year old. Doesn't make it any easier though. Hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)