Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Hate to Cook

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: How Do You Feel About Cooking?

Options:

Love it

Hate it

Don't care either way

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

I actually hate it. I get so depressed, I could just live on sandwiches and cereal. Good thing my 5-yr-old son is a simple eater, and his dad cooks!

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmamaofdd
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I hate cooking as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Normally I love to.cook but today I felt dejected when dh and my older.son decided to critique what I made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM

That's another thing that happened to me one time when I made something. My son's father took his plate right over to the spice cabinet and began shaking two or three different shakers of who-knows-what onto his food. Another time, he was making fun of something I said I liked to make, salmon patties. I said, "Don't you like them?" and he said, "Yeah! For a snack maybe!" He is a big eater, and apparently it wasn't big enough for him. (He's also overweight, high blood pressure, and type II diabetes, but that's another story...)

Quoting matreshka:

Normally I love to.cook but today I felt dejected when dh and my older.son decided to critique what I made.

mkrhodes84
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I hate to cook!!! I have never had anyone talk bad about my food but if some one refuses to eat my food weather it me on purpose or not it upsets me.. such as my husband will drink sometimes and then just go to bed with out touching what I made and then wont eat the left overs for lunch like what I made was the worst food in the world! Its like being Slapped!

twistandshout
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I like to cook because I can. Ijust don't like to do the dishes. I do them though because I can't stand a nasty kitchen. I someone were to start putting spices on the cook food don't let that bother you.Some people like spices in there food I like only a small amount in mine. Remember you can add spices but can't take them out. I love salmon patties. Maybe serve it with a salad and some soup for d/h.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:13 AM

i dont particularly care for cooking. i didnt used to be that way but since i hurt my back it is hard on me to stand and do all of that so i like simple things. thank god my husband will eat almost anything i cook. btw, to the previous poster.i love salmon patties but my husband wont eat those!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I get sick of it.  Hard to come up with new dishes.  I really hate the clean-up!!  Plus, my boys are teens & suck it all down in 2 min. 

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! That's one reason it's so depressing -- it takes longer to cook than it does to eat it, and then cleaning up too! Not worth it!!

Quoting deltathree:

I get sick of it.  Hard to come up with new dishes.  I really hate the clean-up!!  Plus, my boys are teens & suck it all down in 2 min. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Kathy489:

Thank you! That's one reason it's so depressing -- it takes longer to cook than it does to eat it, and then cleaning up too! Not worth it!!

Quoting deltathree:

amen sister!  Glad I'm not the only one.

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
I don't cook much. But I like to cook but I hate doing dishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)