Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

feel like everything is a waste

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 17 Replies

medication is a waste if time and money, therapy is a waste of time - just start venting and oops times up, maybe next time you can finish. stress level never subsides.  have to put on the "plastic" face - make believe u r a happy person.  blah, blah,blah

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
yeah i hear u. I journal to vent it helps me, or talking with friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think therapy and medicine are a waste of time. You dont get immediate effects but thats why you need to stick with it. Life is hard. Thats never going to change. All you can do is pick yourself up every time you fall on your face over and over again. It can be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeer-c
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. You are right on about the therapy.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I feel like that many times. I keep going and keep on the meds because I think they are helping me.  When I look at long term changes I am in a better spot than where I was.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

im sorry youre having such a hard time with everything. how long have you been on meds and what are you taking. are you seeing a therapist or a pscyh dr when you feel like your being rushed? because psych drs try to get you in and out whereas therapist usually give you an hour to talk. write down some things you want to go over if you have a therapist and take the list with you so you can utilize your time better. hope things get better for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Yes, I'm part Barbie for sure. : (
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Falling on your face is still moving forward.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I dont think therapy and medicine are a waste of time. You dont get immediate effects but thats why you need to stick with it. Life is hard. Thats never going to change. All you can do is pick yourself up every time you fall on your face over and over again. It can be done.

twistandshout
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I don't believe that medications are a waist of time I shutter to think where I'd be without the well beaning that my medication makes me feel. I am not as depressed and my anxiety is under control. For me, I never cared for a therapist they help some people but that's not for me. Maybe not for you either. My M.D. presribes my medication. Or maybe you need to ask for a new therapists if this one is pushy. It should be all about what makes you feel better. I wouldn't give my money to some one who doesn't make me feel better. Good luck and I do hope you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM

That is just one of the reasons that I simply don't think therapy works, at least it never worked for me.  It's a waste of my time and money.  I am sitting there for an hour talking to someone who uses the same jargon to everyone else she sees.  "How does that make you feel?"  ".....Ohhhhh wowwwww...That's really a painful...." or some other such nonsense.  I put YEARS into therapy and worked SO hard at it and then finally my doctor released me from going to therapy and I am just on meds and am doing better.  I am resigned to the fact that I am really never going to be happy.  I am always going to have anger and be sad but there's nothing anyone can say to make me not feel that way.  My childhood is long over and my mother will never love me so I am just going to have to deal with it.  The more distance I put between myself and those who have hurt me and those who bring me down the better.  I no longer try to reach out to my mother in an attempt to just TRY to see if she will ever love me more.  I do talk to her once in a while but she obviously is very disappointed in me and embarrassed of me and my life because I didn't go to colllege and didn't turn out as they had wanted.  But neither did I but I just long for the love of my mother, and the closeness that my other two sisters have but I really never had it.  I tried but it just wasn't meant to be. 

So I have to just do my best to get to a point to where I love me, as hard as it is, and just do everything I can to improve my life even though my life is about half over. 

And the meds do help somewhat but really not much.  They are only something to keep me from really falling apart, I guess.

I am not a good actress at all and I can't pretend to be happy but I really should because everyone, it seems, can read me and see that I am sad and they can tell I'm "different" which is really something I hate SO much.

I hope things get better for you soon.

twistandshout
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:24 AM

You say your life is half over. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I is ashamed how our own family can hurt us so bad. Knowing the feelings of your birth family, don't you think you need to stop banging your head against the wall and find you another family? The way I see it is your family is the ones missing out. Maybe they will come around, maybe not but you have done all that you can, it is time for you to wash your hands of this problem. Don't give them not one more minute of you life. Get selfish letbanging head into wall today be the 1st day of the rest of your life and go out and live it. If you have to move to get away from the negativeness then move. You have no control over them but you do have control of your life. Hold your head up be happy. Good luck!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)