Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I have a great dh and that depresses me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I'm so insecure that I want to leave him before he hurts me : (

My mom left me again and again my entire life.

My dh isnt the best buy he's a decent father, a hard worker, and faithful.

I feel like he loves me soo much at times and then other times I just want to be by myself for the rest of my life. Where no one can hurt me.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimmyShaw
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

You need counseling to work through it

flowrsgalore
felt crummy last night, woke up feeling crummy this morning. I know, I know snap yourself out of it.
Today at 7:15 AM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Be grateful you have a good guy & that he loves you.  Hopefully he is understanding of what you go through with depression.  Sometimes I feel the same way, not that I want to leave my dh, but that my depression can be such a drag & he may just get sick of it.  The thing is as good as my dh is, he isn't perfect either.  When I start getting paranoid, I have to remind myself that is all it really is, me being paranoid.  Sometimes it's my little kick in the butt that I need to quit wallowing & get it together better.  It's hard though to get out of those negative spiraling thoughts though sometimes.  I suppose, as blunt as the previous comment was it may be worth seeking a counselor if you think it may help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Thank you!!! It sounds like you know what I'm going through.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Be grateful you have a good guy & that he loves you.  Hopefully he is understanding of what you go through with depression.  Sometimes I feel the same way, not that I want to leave my dh, but that my depression can be such a drag & he may just get sick of it.  The thing is as good as my dh is, he isn't perfect either.  When I start getting paranoid, I have to remind myself that is all it really is, me being paranoid.  Sometimes it's my little kick in the butt that I need to quit wallowing & get it together better.  It's hard though to get out of those negative spiraling thoughts though sometimes.  I suppose, as blunt as the previous comment was it may be worth seeking a counselor if you think it may help.

flowrsgalore
felt crummy last night, woke up feeling crummy this morning. I know, I know snap yourself out of it.
Today at 7:15 AM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Well I suppose so in a way. I have woken up from having bad dreams that I'm in the midst of losing my marriage. The thing is hubs really gives me no indication that I need to worry. It's more that I worry my behavior could get to be too much of a burden.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!!! It sounds like you know what I'm going through.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

It's a lack of self-esteem that makes you believe you don't deserve to be treated well, and you want to run before he gets a chance to hurt you. It's a classic mind game right out of the textbook. A counselor can help you with it. Both of you would benefit by going together. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I know. Sadly we don't have money to shell out for that but then I also feel like how can I not?

I AM aware of what is causing me to feel this way so I suppose it keeps me in reality. But I don't like that nagging feeling inside.

Quoting Kathy489:

It's a lack of self-esteem that makes you believe you don't deserve to be treated well, and you want to run before he gets a chance to hurt you. It's a classic mind game right out of the textbook. A counselor can help you with it. Both of you would benefit by going together. Good luck.

jurnee14
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I can understand, I have been in sme abusive relationships in the past and my relationship now is good. I alos have a lot of anxiety and I have to remind myslef that just because we might have a disagrrement and argue from time to time, it doensnt mean I should end the relationship. To me, because of my past, it always seems the prudent thing to do is just leave, but I have to remember that this is a differnt relationship, and Im not the same person I was back then. Good luck to you!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:51 AM

just because your mother left you time after time in your life does not mean your husband is going to. you are very deserving of him. just enjoy that.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hopefully you can find a way to get sliding scale or free counceling or go to a free support group for survivors of mental/emotional abuse and it will really help you.

I get the same way.  I have run from a lot most my adult life because I didn't want to lose it.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others hun - hope you can work thru this....hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)