Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I have a great dh and that depresses me!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm so insecure that I want to leave him before he hurts me : (

My mom left me again and again my entire life.

My dh isnt the best buy he's a decent father, a hard worker, and faithful.

I feel like he loves me soo much at times and then other times I just want to be by myself for the rest of my life. Where no one can hurt me.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
MrsDurrett
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I defaintly feel the same way, my mom was never a mom she was always running off with some guy and leaving us with my grandparents. My husband is a wonderful man, takes good care of the boys and I, he even is faithful and loves me with all of his heart. But sometimes I get to the point where I just want to leave him, bc Im so scared hes going to find someone else that doesnt have as many emotional problems as I do, Im there with you, but it will get better just have faith in him and yourself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
So sweet thanks!

Quoting MrsDurrett:

I defaintly feel the same way, my mom was never a mom she was always running off with some guy and leaving us with my grandparents. My husband is a wonderful man, takes good care of the boys and I, he even is faithful and loves me with all of his heart. But sometimes I get to the point where I just want to leave him, bc Im so scared hes going to find someone else that doesnt have as many emotional problems as I do, Im there with you, but it will get better just have faith in him and yourself

mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I can totally relate. I've had a mother who emotionally was detached from me growing up, my pdoc actually says she has bpd. I still have many problems with her manipulations, and whining behavior. My dh, however, has always been there for me. I constantly feel unworthy, and insecure. I feel like I would only drag him down. But, we've been together for 20.years now, and he shows no signs leaving. Just remember honey that this man loves you, and seems to want to stick it out. Just be grateful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I am so sorry you are feeling this way.  I think you really need someone you can talk to, to help you work through your feelings.  Just because your mother left you doesn't mean your dh will hurt you.  It is a vicious cycle that is very hard to break.  Especially when you do NOT feel worthy of the person that your dh is.  

I would say sit down and talk with your dh and that means really talk, there may be tears but tears are a good way of letting the pain go.  Keep a journal on your feelings and why you feel that way at that point of your day.  

It isn't easy but with faith and communication you can do it....BELIEVE in yourself.  I know that it is easier said than done, but we will help as much as we can too!  You deserve to be happy and 1 step at a time and you will get there.  

HUGS to you.

shan357
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I have gone through similar feelings, but I also had several people telling me that if there were any problems in the marriage it had to be my fault cause my husband was awesome.  So, I believed them after a while and began blaming myself.  The way I worked through it was to talk to my husband very honestly.  I told him that I was worried that he would decide that my issues were too much to deal with for the rest of his life.  (I also suffer from daily migraines) He, in turn, spoke honestly to me.  He told me that it is hard to deal with sometimes, but there is so much good and worthwhile in me and our marriage that he was willing to go through this hell with me.  Since I trust him, I had to believe him didn't I?! He wouldn't lie to me.  We keep the lines of communication open at all times and he speaks honestly about how my issues affect him.  It works for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN