Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

feeling alone....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I am a mother of two, one with asd. Because of my sons condition I spend a lot of time with him. So when I want "mommy time" everyone is always busy and don't have time. I feel so alone, I don't know who among my friends are really my friends. And because of this things I use to love before kids like camping has because one of the things I dreed doing because I know I will end up by myself and crying because noone wants to sit with the nondrinking women who has nothing to talk about. I just don't know what to do and I am so tired of crying
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I know its easier said then done, but try to meet new friends. Is there a mommy and me group around you?What about a sujpport group for family with ASD?

I've actually posted ads on craigslist for friends and have met two cool women.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I would be scared to post something like that on craigs list. And I live in the country so my closes neighbor is about 1/2 the mile down the road. I do not know of any mommy and me groups. I tried joining the local Y to meet people but no success.
twistandshout
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I am sorry that you are going through this. I live in a small city and the population is pretty big. I often think to my self, how can I be so lonely in a city this large. I do try to get out, I go to the gym and other places but I am still lonely.when it comes to making friends. I am afraid to trust people too.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I see this all the time in this group. Lonely people. It's just hard to be outgoing & up when you feel depressed. Sometimes I think I'm depressed because I'm lonely.  I'm getting email newsletters from a blog or something on about.com site how to meet people.  I'd put a clicky link but it takes me so much fiddling around to figure out how to do it.   Yeah I have to agree crying sucks, sorry hope you catch a break this weekend.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM

hugs! I've been feeling the same way lately. I have no life outside of work and home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN