Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to leave him. Sad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My boyfriend father of my child has been mean and mentally abusive for 5 years. He is also very controlling. I'm thinking about moving out but I get sad when I see pic from us when our child was born and the good times. I hate breakups esp since we have a child together. I start to cry everytime I think of it. I don't know if I can do this. Help
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamalena137
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You've got to do what's right for you and your child. Do you want your child to grow up thinking what daddy does to mommy is ok and have the same situation when they are an adult. Break ups are always hard but you need to be happy and healthy for your child. Please be strong and know you're doing the right thing. Nobody should be in a relationship where they aren't happy.

nodramamama311
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I won't sugar coat it, it is sad and it is going to be hard but you have to think about what's good for you and your child. I had to leave my ex husband after being together for almost 6 years and our daughter was only 18 months old. He was a drunk and even though I knew it was the best thing I could do it still sucked and I was very sad for a long time after. If you are strong enough to endure 5 years of emotional and mental abuse then you can do this. Call on anyone you can to help you, friends, family, or organizations. There are lots of people out there who want to help, especially when there is a child involved.
If you need help looking into places tell me what city you live in and I'll look up online for you. Tell me if you need financial help or housing, food or job help. Good luck mama, you can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you know what you need to do for both you and your child, and I know it's hard, but the sooner the better. The longer you wait to end it, the more painful it will be. Trust me, you don't want your child growing up thinking that the way your man treats you is ok. My hubby isn't mentally abusive, but we do fight sometimes, and our boys always hear it, our apt. is tiny, and sometimes we say mean things to each other, and sometimes my boys get really disrespectful with me, and I blame them hearing their dad when he's bitching at me. They get it in their heads that dad does it, so thay can do it. WRONG!!! I'm sorry mama, but if he's abusive, it's time to go. Hugs to you and good luck!
twistandshout
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hey, I am really sorry that you are going through such a bad time in your life. You do not deserve to be treated like that. Needless to say your child does not need to think that is the normal way to be treated.

Yea, ya'll had good times.  But, Relationships sour and are beyond repair when the respect between the two people is nonexistent. I know this is a support sight but abuse should not be tolerated. It sounds like you have put up with it for far surrendertoo long. Been there and done that, get out while you can and no one is getting physical. Please keep us posted because we do care.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs! break ups are awful and really hard, but at the same time you have to do what's best for you and your child. you deserve so much better than meanness and mental abuse.

jurnee14
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Breaking up is always hard, but you have to do what is best for  you and your child. You dont want your child growing up and thinking the way your boyfriend treats you is right, or how a relationship shoud be. You also dont want your child to have to suffer the same abuse you have been through. Ending are always sad, but they lead to new beginings, try to look at it not as leaving, but as starting over anew. There will always be some sadness, but you can do this. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

just do it, it will be hard at first, but better now then later,. So many people keep holding on or are  afraid to leave or start over and they just waste more time, that you can never get back...and eventually the break up happens anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)