Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

It's happening!

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just got off the phone with a prospective client. I've had several of those. This is the first one to end in an actual booking! I will be training a Soprano currently at my community college who is auditioning to transfer to Syracuse University! Her first lesson will be this Monday at 5pm! I will be traveling to her and the lesson is an hour long, once a week. My first paying client!

I remember auditioning for SU when I was in high school and I'm an alum of CCC. She's also looking at other schools I applied to and auditioned for, but SU is her first choice. She has 2 Italian art songs to select from (I will listen to her perform both and we will decide) and a French song. I will be digging and researching to find her an English art song to add to her repertoire as an audition piece. Luckily she I am also a Soprano, so I have some pieces of my own, but I want to have a variety to select from after hearing her sing and knowing her strengths and weeknesses so we can pick the absolute best piece.

I'm so friggin excited to meet and work with her and nervous as hell, being this is my very first student ever. I know I'm qualified and prepared and ready, and that I've always wanted to teach voice lessons professionally, but there is nothing like first time jitters! Ack! :-)

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Oooh, how scary but exciting! Hope it goes great for you!

mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM

congrats!

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for the both of you. Let us know how it goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

you'll do awesome! so exciting!

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM
That's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you:) I'm sure she's just as nervous, so take a deep breath, remember first time jitters are normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Yay!  Congrats!

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

yeaaaaaa

ta2dirishlass
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM
So exciting!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)