Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

can being depressed make u sick ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

for the last week ive had stomach issues (diarrhea and  upset stomach) i also feel more depressed than normal do the 2 go hand in hand ? i also am having some lower back pain .. any thoughts

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Replies (21-23):
ochoa.mama
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:10 AM

yes! a number of things, if you are upset, it can make you fatigue and have migraines, migrains also make you dizzy, nausious, feverish and give virtigo issues....also make you tied, sleep alot and give back aches and pains.... Depression attacks the nervious system, I've gained or lost weight, lost chunks of hair, have face break outs when stressed.... get sun, go to beach as much as possable and go out with someone who listens, venting with out sounding needy or complaining helps ppl like depressed or tolorate us, good luck!

If it gets bad, see someone, dont worry about what ppl think, just talk to your doctor if things progress and don't let anyone judge you for it, you need to take care of you2 :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Quoting ochoa.mama:

yes! a number of things, if you are upset, it can make you fatigue and have migraines, migrains also make you dizzy, nausious, feverish and give virtigo issues....also make you tied, sleep alot and give back aches and pains.... Depression attacks the nervious system, I've gained or lost weight, lost chunks of hair, have face break outs when stressed.... get sun, go to beach as much as possable and go out with someone who listens, venting with out sounding needy or complaining helps ppl like depressed or tolorate us, good luck!

If it gets bad, see someone, dont worry about what ppl think, just talk to your doctor if things progress and don't let anyone judge you for it, you need to take care of you2 :)

i went to the dr the dr said theres no reason for it took blood and everything so it must be depression or stress . i do have vertigo from meneres disease  but my back pain persists not my nausia anyomere i guess i will try to get more sunlight hard here in wisconsin so cold ! i also get sad (seasonal depression) so this is the right time of year for that to start again

ochoa.mama
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Oh, Idk if your overweight but even if not, ya know how depression causes some extra pounds, well I also ready you shouldnt drink caffine (which ya might cuz we all get tired during these times) dont....ever juiced?

I got alot of extra vitamins through juicing, helps with mood, energy levels, and weight loss, it does amazing things to your skin and nails, you face will actually glow. Juice up to 3 glsses of nautral juice (veggies, Kale, (carrots, onions, celery, beats, whole green apple & nuckle of ginger) add your fav veggies and fruits.....its amazing,,,,cleans you out to

I looked up herbs that are good for depression, hope helps

1) Teas (Health Kings best!) : St. Johnsons wart, anxiety, womans health

2) folic acid:  is in veggies & foods to premote depression...used alot after having children

3)  Omega3 fatty acids:   its used in Japan & Aisia and it lowers depression by 10%

4) 5-HTP: naturaly produces Seratonine leveles in body

5) Magnisium : promotes seratonine, good with nuts

6) vitamin B6: Hormonal replacment therapy

7)  Diet, exersise and sun light.... :)

hope all this is helpful and if you can't sun bath due to where you live, take plenty of vitamin D

try these exersises ...youtube the "Tibetan 5 rites"  do everyday and easy....:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN