Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Ladies, my life has turned upside-down my my neighbors.

Posted by   + Show Post

Since I am currently listening to my coke head neighbor punch walls.  I am assuming they recieved their 7 day notice to get out from property management.

We have had the cops here so many times, and a restraining order against harrassment.  He leaves lit cigs on our porch which burn the wood.  He yells obscenities at us and spits at us. He trapped my dh in the cellar laughing.

Neither dh and I can handle this.  It is going to court which is a huge procedure. I have letters from my therapist and psych doc as I have had to go through a med change to deal with all of this, and it has triggered my ptsd bad.  this is why I havent been on so much. I am back on a ton of seroquel and klonopin to make it through the day.

I just want these people out.  I don't want anyone ever to be homeless, but you cannot do the things they are doing to us and get away with it.

Property management may also be sued if we can afford it.  they need to put us up in a safe place since our saftey is compromised.  The police take our reports seriously and were the ones who encouraged me to get an order of protection against harassment so they can arrest him.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:31 AM

We don't have much of a problem with the gf.  I remember when he was taken away by the cops for beating her, I stood woth her and told her she needs to go back to court to renew the temporary restraining order and that he probably will try to be all sweet and nice and say he's changed to get back in because a person like him has no place to go.  I told her my experiences with an abusive partner a long time ago.

I guess she is in that frame of mind where she "can't live without him" or whatever.  It is sad.  But at the same time, we need to be protected from him. I don't ever see her at all.  I imagine she is embarrased.  He is not on the lease because he is a f up.

They both apparetnly know the laws well because they are dragging this out.  As of yesterday when something happened to freak me out when I was home alone with my son. I just left.  I couldn't handle calling the cops AGAIN.  I told property management I can't do it anymore and I have a son to protect from this guy.

I wrote a very precise letter (I feel like a genius in renter's law now lol) stating we will not stay in an untenable situation and they need to remedy that one way or another, get them out or get us an equal place to live, ASAP.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Is the girlfriend on drugs, too? Are they both on the lease? I wish there was a drama-free way to get them out of there without causing your family any more hurt!

Quoting matreshka:

Me too.  That is one of the issues my ptsd is from and he is doing all of the creepy psychological stuff and outright harrassment someone on drugs would do.  I am practially one step ahead of this guy because I lived it with my ex.

I am waiting for him to straight up knock one of us off the porch or slash my tires.

Unfortunately the laws here side with the tenant being evicted, which I can totally understand because there are a-hole landlords out there and people need protection against that.  However,when it comes to drugs and police involvement I wish the law was on our side, for our safety and our rights to live in a safe environment.  This whole thing may take months.  Property management had told us they are not cooperating.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I dated an addict and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I hope you can find a little comfort in the fact that they will be out soon!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Good for you!! I really hope that they can get him out of there so you can rest easy again. hugs!

Quoting matreshka:

We don't have much of a problem with the gf.  I remember when he was taken away by the cops for beating her, I stood woth her and told her she needs to go back to court to renew the temporary restraining order and that he probably will try to be all sweet and nice and say he's changed to get back in because a person like him has no place to go.  I told her my experiences with an abusive partner a long time ago.

I guess she is in that frame of mind where she "can't live without him" or whatever.  It is sad.  But at the same time, we need to be protected from him. I don't ever see her at all.  I imagine she is embarrased.  He is not on the lease because he is a f up.

They both apparetnly know the laws well because they are dragging this out.  As of yesterday when something happened to freak me out when I was home alone with my son. I just left.  I couldn't handle calling the cops AGAIN.  I told property management I can't do it anymore and I have a son to protect from this guy.

I wrote a very precise letter (I feel like a genius in renter's law now lol) stating we will not stay in an untenable situation and they need to remedy that one way or another, get them out or get us an equal place to live, ASAP.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Is the girlfriend on drugs, too? Are they both on the lease? I wish there was a drama-free way to get them out of there without causing your family any more hurt!

Quoting matreshka:

Me too.  That is one of the issues my ptsd is from and he is doing all of the creepy psychological stuff and outright harrassment someone on drugs would do.  I am practially one step ahead of this guy because I lived it with my ex.

I am waiting for him to straight up knock one of us off the porch or slash my tires.

Unfortunately the laws here side with the tenant being evicted, which I can totally understand because there are a-hole landlords out there and people need protection against that.  However,when it comes to drugs and police involvement I wish the law was on our side, for our safety and our rights to live in a safe environment.  This whole thing may take months.  Property management had told us they are not cooperating.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I dated an addict and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I hope you can find a little comfort in the fact that they will be out soon!

vivianbarnes
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

In her defence remember love can blind you, I know first hand and my husband was not a drug addict. My family is either drug or alcohol addicts so I know how that side is too. Does he do drugs all the time or is there some times he is totally sober, and if so does he suffer from withdrawls or just a regular a-hole? these are some important questions, because if he is normal when he's not doing drugs, than maybe you can talk to them then, otherwise be extremely careful. Coke and crack can have them do things they don't remember, nor would they normally do these things.  

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I completely understand.  I truly feel awful for her. I've been there myself a few years ago, believing my ex would change and taking him back.  I have been clear that we have had no problem with her to management and the police.

He drinks daily. The empty bottles are always filling up the recycling we all share.  He does cocaine weekly I'm guessing.  I grew up with alcoholics. I myself was alcohol dependent.  I do feel for people's situations but when I am threatened and yelled at and my husband gets blocked in the cellar by this man while he laughs it is breaking the law.

This guy is beyond talking to.  2 nights ago he left lit cigaretts on our wooden proch which burned holes in it.  He is an adult, and has to be responsible for his actions.

Quoting vivianbarnes:

In her defence remember love can blind you, I know first hand and my husband was not a drug addict. My family is either drug or alcohol addicts so I know how that side is too. Does he do drugs all the time or is there some times he is totally sober, and if so does he suffer from withdrawls or just a regular a-hole? these are some important questions, because if he is normal when he's not doing drugs, than maybe you can talk to them then, otherwise be extremely careful. Coke and crack can have them do things they don't remember, nor would they normally do these things.  

jenann34
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I hope things get better, you shouldn't have to have to deal with that!

hugs

deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Oh dear - that's a nghtmare.  I am so sorry & help you get help soon.  Hugs.

Russell4607
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear this safety is very important I hope it gets revolved quickly no one deserves to lives in such an enviroment

mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I've really been thinking about your situation. Has it gotten any better, worse? Please keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Well, they were served with their 7 day notice to vacate, which honestly means nothing because they can holdout for several months through the eviction process.  DH works a lot and when the guy comes home LO and I go out and do errands.  Basically I don't want to be alone when he is here.  Nothing crinimal has happened in the past2  days.  Property mgmt told us they are helping them find a new place, which kinda makes me mad because shouldn't we be the ones getting help?  All I am told is to call the police next time he does something.

Both my therapist and Psych doc have drafted letters admissible in court that this guy is directly affecting my mental health so if we go to court that will hold up as evidence.

I just want to live my life!

Quoting mikala76:

I've really been thinking about your situation. Has it gotten any better, worse? Please keep us updated.

mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Oh geez.. It all sounds so complicated. Maybe it would help if he did do something stupid (not directed at you), and just land his ass in jail. It would save alot of problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN