Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

lost both my jobs in less then 24 hours

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

I think I broke a record.i I have been at walmart for a year and two months and in May I decided to start working for a carnival because it was solid income, I made 300 a week and if somethere happened where we did not open or close early such as rain I still got paid 300 every Thursday. I took the job because walmart was a joke most the time, some weeks I would work 30 hours and some weeks I would not be scedhuled at all and many other cashiers had this same problem yet walmart was costantly hiring new cashiers. We had many complaints about when it came to the first of the month there were not enough lines open and instead of giving there current cashiers more hours they hired a bunch of new ones.

The carnival ended on Sunday but I was fired thursday and lost 200 dollars. I had braught my son with me and he got very sick, it was 6 at the time and we did not open until 6:30 and my parents were only 15 minutes away so I asked my boyfriends nephew if he would ask the owner if he could work for me until I got back and he came back and said the owner said that was fine. I get back at 7 and was informed that since I was not there when we opeoned I was fired. I later found out that my boyfriends nephew was told that and decided to lie and tell me it was okay to go because he was mad that he and his wife were not working that week, I explained this to the owner and he said I should have came to him myself instead of having someone ask, umm well excuse freaking me my son was standing next to my van puking his gutts out. 

Fast forward to Friday morning, I go to work ay walmart and they call me back to the ad office, I am informed I am being terminated for all my abcenses, I have 16 and most of them due to working the carnival and I had no idea I had missed so much time until they talked to me the friday before which I informed them the carnival had only a week left and after it ended I would not have anymore problems with attendance. Well what happen was I messed up my scedhule, I was suppose to be there Monday and was not and the assisstant manager was just going to coach me but she saw I had already been coached twice which I dont even remember ever being coached, she said she had no choice but to terminate me but I could talk to the manager whern she came back Thursday and she could overturn the termination but if she did not I was elgible for rehire in 60 days/

I have been hiding that I got fired from my parents but thast is only going to last for a short amount of time because both my mom and sister work for walmart , I feel so depressed and I was doing so much beter with my depression, I even stopped taking my meds. I feel like I worked my butt off for nothing all summer, I barely got to see my son and would have him crying on the phone asking when I was coming to see him and crying when I left. I accomplished getting a car which was my main goal. Also I had planned on breaking up with my boyfriend after the carnival ended and getting a place of my own, I was looking at getting my 300 from the carnival , 200 one of my co-workers owed me and 150 from my boyfriends son that he owed me for a phone. I already had a house I was looking to rent, it is 500 a month and the guy said he would work on me with a security deposit. Since I no longer have my walmart job I can't even move because how am I going to pay rent? 

My boyfriend is very controlling, he takes my phone away, takes my car keys, tells me who I can and can not talk to, etc. When I first got with him he was a really great guy but when I moved in with him he turned into a totally different person.  I am to the point I dont want to get out of bed, whats the point? I feel my son hates me , he does not even call me mommy most the time, he calls me by my name and that hurts alot. He would rather be with his grandparents then with me, I will bring him over and after like 3 hours he will want to go back with his grandparents. 

I know that I qualify for unemployment but can't file for that until Friday and my boyfriends nephew worked at walmart for 6 months and got 80 some dollars a week when he got it and being as I was there for a year and two months I should be looking at like 100 a week. I am flipping out wondering how I am going to pay my car insurance, I have not ate anything but noodles the past couple days and drank water because I dont want to spend my money I do have on food, I get 400 in food stamps a month but some stupid ahole decided to steal my wallet when we were working a carnival 3 hours from where we live. I went to the fair committee twice and I was told they did not have it, once at the time of closing. The next morning I get a call from the police department saying they have it and the fair committee turned it in and that the fair committee had it since yesterday afternoon so I was very angry over that. It has been 14 days as of sunday they had not sent it out. I called sunday afternoon and the lady said it was in the out box and she kept apologizing and said she would make sure it was sent monday which it was. 

I am a mess right now, before you know it chirtsmas will be here and and it is going to start getting chilly soon and my son will need winter clothes. I am such a mess right now, when they fired me from walmart I sat in the back for an hour crying, when I finally calmed down a bit and was able to leave I drove to this hidden spot un der a bridge by our house next to the water and sat there for like another 2 hours crying. I dont think it was possible for me to cry anymore and my eyes were burning and head was pouding because of crying so much. How can things possibly get any worse?

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Oh geeze mamas I'm so sorry! I really wish life wouldn't be so hard on us- I always wonder why does this happen? I'm the first one to help someone out! I'm the most loving caring person ever and I just always keep having these darn financial struggles- I know we r not alone that's for sure! We need to stay as strong as we can and be as positive as we can! Get out there and try to get your self a new job so u can get on you feet and your own place! Holidays r coming up so lots of places will be hiring- n it will help with your depression to get up n moving- n if your son gets sad just let him know your doing it for him n you! Hang in there mamas it will get better! ((hugs))
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I'm really sorry.  walmart is an awful place to work. I've heard so many horror stories.  Definitely apply for unemployment and maybe go down to a temp agency so you can get something quick.  I am sorry all this happened.

tinkerbellp
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Wal mart is nothing but hurt people I used to work for 11 years I would have got to be able to move up but they didn't cause of my deafness

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh geeze mamas I'm so sorry! I really wish life wouldn't be so hard on us- I always wonder why does this happen? I'm the first one to help someone out! I'm the most loving caring person ever and I just always keep having these darn financial struggles- I know we r not alone that's for sure! We need to stay as strong as we can and be as positive as we can! Get out there and try to get your self a new job so u can get on you feet and your own place! Holidays r coming up so lots of places will be hiring- n it will help with your depression to get up n moving- n if your son gets sad just let him know your doing it for him n you! Hang in there mamas it will get better! ((hugs))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twistandshout
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I am really sorry for your troubles. Seems like when it rains it pours. Maybe you could go over the assistant manager's head and talk to the manager. My son used to work for wal-mart and someone there tried to fire him. well he refused to be fired and went to to Manager and told him what happened. Needless to say He worked there stocking at night until he graduated from college with a degree in nuclear science. Ever thought about going back to school? Might be something to think about.group hug

deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

so sory hun  hugs

mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Really sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm on disability and that helps somewhat. I'm sure you would qualify?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry.

Quoting matreshka:

I'm really sorry.  walmart is an awful place to work. I've heard so many horror stories.  Definitely apply for unemployment and maybe go down to a temp agency so you can get something quick.  I am sorry all this happened.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

group hug

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM
((hugs)) I'm sorry your going through all this. I agree with you that you need to get out of situation with bf. Please strongly consider going to a women's shelter. Most can expediate housing assistance and help you find employment. Your local office for family assistance can also help you find employment. Most businesses will hire those on assistance first because they get both federal and state tax breaks for doing so. Do you have custody or your son or do your parents? If you do, personally I wouldn't give him the option of where he stayed. Some kids are going to pick gp's because, let's face it, most of them spoil the gks and they get away with murder. Especially if thinks are tight for their parents. You should also be correcting him on what he calls you. You are his mother, you deserve the respect of being called properly. Using your given name is not acceptable. I really am sorry this weeks been such a terrible one for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)