Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

16yrs friendship, and this is it?

Posted by   + Show Post

she's in a bind, I'm a single mom of 3 kids and she's  going threw her struggles as well. I drove 3hrs 2 get her from another town so she has somewhere to stay and after taking her and her kids in and me being the only one working, I'm so tired and doing all that I can but I dont get extra help I thought I would with maybe kids, or cooking or cleaning...I had to move few weeks ago to better fit us. still 6ppl in large 2bedroom town house and now shes not talking to me. I'm helping her out and shes not even talking to me. nothing.....16yrs of friendship and silance, seroulsy? Im so burnt out,I'm stresesed,a nd I'm losong my hair in deep depression cuz bills wont stop and I can't get help in house....drowning

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM
Replies (11-11):
midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Sweetie, please understand that I say this only to help you find strength, not to tear you down. You are a giver and enabler. I've been there. The words doormat were etched on my forehead for a long time. It seemed during this time, most my friends used me. There is a strength inside you. You may not feel it most times, but it's buried deep inside your being. All women have it. It's what makes us strong nurturers to our child, it's what gives us the strength the even bear pregnancy and childbirth. It's that strength that sees a problem and looks for solutions. It's there in you, all you have to do is tap into it. Stop giving to her, stop enabling her to disrupt you sanity. Put your foot down. She doesn't want to contribute to gas, no car-keep the keys on you, she has x amount of time to find a job or get out. She can start contributing or get out. She can help around the house or get out. She obviously doesn't value your friendship if she's going to use you in such a way without contributing anything. As to your bf not talking to you, well from your other post, sounds like a blessing. You can do this. Take back your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN