Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Am I Overreacting???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Because I am pregnant, my husband takes care of dogs appointments, else it was always myself. This morning he takes the dogs for teeth cleaning and the dr office is upset because the dogs had breakfast. They said they left a message for me and now they need to reschedule their entire day around our pets. 

So! he comes home upset with me and says that he has changed all the referral phone numbers to where they can reach him. I said to him that I did not get a message and apologized but he carries on about how my action creates a reaction. I also tell him that I am changing the secondary contact number to my phone because if they cannot reach him, at least they can reach me.

When I get to work I check my work phone for messages and there are 0. I then check my cell phone and there are 0. So I call him and say maybe they had a wrong number. He in returns says, "That every action has a reaction and I am just letting you know." I explain to him that I had no action and he goes, "I am not trying have an argument with you..."

Now I feel that he went to the vets office and made it seem like I am incompetent so not only will I have him to deal with but also snide looks and remarks from the vets staff.

It really stresses me out because, I always feel alone. Like at any moment he is going to turn on me and if someone says 1 thing about me I never get his benefit of a doubt. I just get his anger and dissappointment...

Update:

I must give him his props :-) He  just called and did his version of apologizing. Did he say I'm sorry, no, but he did say he didn't mean to hurt my feelings! That is new and very rare for him, he must have felt his ears burning. (thanks babe)

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM

his conversation sounds very condescending, he can't be an ass if you never even got a voice mail. Do your dogs have to be put to sleep to clean their teeth? It seems like the vets have also made a huge deal over something that's very simple. They should have mentioned not feeding them breakfast when you made the appointment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM

They have to be put to sleep.

bmwlover
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM

So sorry to hear that your husband should be upset at the vet which you explained to everyone the vet didnt call I'll be totally upset with the vet and call them and let them know

hugs No you're not over reacting just upset

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Thanks.

I am just upset. I will try to remember that later when I go home.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Not at all!!!  Hubby is being ridiculous - sorry & hugs.

mamalena137
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Of course every action has a reaction but if the vet's office didn't take the proper action your husband shouldn't have reacted like that to you. It's best to just always give them every number possible to get a hold of you. Your husband sounds like he overreacted and not you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Thanks everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)