Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural remedies??

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello ladies. I finally made an appt with my dr, but the soonest I can get in is end of next month. I'm already taking 5-htp supplement twice a day. Not helping much. Is there anything else that might help? I know working out would help, but that's part of the whole vicious cycle of no motivation, and then not giving a crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mikala76
by Michelle on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I heard st. John's wart can help with depression. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Maybe try starting slow with exercies.  I totally understand the no motivation, if I do 20 min of yoga a day it really helps my mood and my body.  Eat right, have a good breakfast, with eggs or something else with protein so you don't get a carb/sugar crash.  Sunshine helps and being in fresh air.  Vitamins, especially becomplex plus c hlp as a mood boost.  Also journaling or artwork can help get the negative thoughtsout.  Psotive self talk and doing one kind thing for yourself a day help too.

Omega 3's like in fish or flax oil can help as well.

Good luck with your appointment.  Maybe if you call the office they can get you on the cancellation list to get in sooner.

PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Sam-e will help with depression.

mamalatanya
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Sam e is the one i would recommend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

St Johns wort helps, but it takes a few weeks.My sil swears that selenium(sp) helps her. I havent tried it myself though.  I do take a b-complex vitamin and B12. (Im b12 deficient)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)