Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Feeling stuck, unable to move past issues....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

In the last six months or so, especially, I've been feeling really stuck, unable to move past things. One example is the fact that my husband and I finally told his mother off (after many years)because she has controlled, meddled and judged me, my husband, and our kids for far too long.  She falsely and close mindedly accused me of making my husband and kids unhappy, basically stating I am a bad parent, bad homeschool educator, and take advantage of my husband working all day, etc. In addition, my husband's sister and our sisters in law took MIL's side.  I don't know why I can't stop perseverating about this stupid drama. I know I need to let it go, but it is taking up occupancy in my mind far too often.  I have a history of dysthymia-or chronic low grade depression.  I just know this sucks, the day in day out worrying. It hinders my ability to function lately...not getting much done around the house, feeling blah and stuck, etc.

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I can relate - hang in there.  so sorry - hugs.

twistandshout
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I can hardly believe your mother in law. She and her daughter need to stay out of ya'lls business. I am glad you dh had a little talk with them. Hang in there and hope things will get better for you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM

you already have the answer. you have got to let it go. whats done is done and you probably feel better for saying it. your mil should not have treated you and your husband that way. my mil has always treated me that way but not my husband. but i finally got to the point where i told her like it was also. i cant say i blame you. try not to dwell on it so much and put it past you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN