Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello all!!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi follks! My name is Ashley, and I'm new to Cafe Mom. I have struggled with depression since I was 13 yeara old. Even though that's been like have my life, every day is still a battle. I have 2 beautiful children who most days make that battle a little more bearable, and then there's the other days where we really just don't like each other, but I love them more than anything. I live in Ohio so the winter makes it worse as well. I look forward to hearing from some people and maybe we can help each other be happier, helthier people.

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! We have family in Ohio, so I know what you mean about the grey cold overcast not helping your mood. Here in NC, it's not quite so bad.

I've had depression on and off since I was 17 and have 3 kids, pretty much the same situation.

The people on this group are very nice and supportive! The rest of CM, well, not always. Tread lightly there! But please stick around here and join in.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group. my name is melissa and i am bipolar with chronic anxiety. hope you enjoy our group.

AshleyD.
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Thank you for the support ladies!! I'm looking forward to sharing in my struggle and supporting you all as well. The bigger the wall os support, the harder it is to knock us down!!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome!  This is a great group of supportive ladies.  I suffer from bipolar and ptsd. diganosed at 14. The winters are hard here in mass. and I would love to move to the tropics and lay on a hammock in the sun all winter.  My kids are what keep me going too.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Hi and welcome, Im Ashleigh too! Just spelled different. Im 40 and have 2 sons, 8 and 13. I was diagnosed with major depression/anxiety when I was 16. I live in Oregon so I understand about the winter weather making you feel even worse. I also understand about struggling to exist for your kids. This is an awesome group, the ladies here are very supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artistmom889
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. Ashley I'm from  lhe Cincinnati area, and I go back to Ohio two or three times a year to see family & friends

My  tween girl is my best therapy but I can relate to what you're saying. About the long term battle too. I  have  been diagnosed as clinical, seasonal and situationally depressed since highschool  I'm  glad you found this group.

Remember to take care of YOU so you can take better  care of them.

AshleyD.
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I have liked in Connecticut as well when I was married so I know how New England can be. I've lived in several states and so far I must say Georgia was my favorite. I just came back to Ohio after my divorce because here is where my family is.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Hi Ashley, welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)