Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Anxiety problems...how do you relieve them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

In addition to PTSD and OCD, or maybe in conjunction with them, I suffer from anxiety. I've had stress hormones pouring into my system, probably since birth. Among other things, It has caused me problems with my heart. I have tachycardia arrythmia, which is worse when you're stressed.

I'm having a lot of bouts of tachycardia lately, and I know I need to reduce stress/anxiety. The problem is I've never been adept at pampering myself and just letting go of everyday. What are some little things I can do to reduce stress and anxiety? A full day of pamper me is just never going to happen, so what little things can I do?

For the record...yes, I see a therapist, but that's a long-term type of thing. I need daily relaxation types of things.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

i lay in front of a fan and deep breath and just let the fan blow on me and think about being somewhere relaxing.

LexRi0709
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Write. Keep a journal and put everything that is bothering you or making you happy in there. Take a bath at night after the kids are in bed. Light candles and use some scented bath stuff like lavender. Read a book. Go for an evening walk/run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Sounds interesting. I like it.

Quoting lyrick24:

i lay in front of a fan and deep breath and just let the fan blow on me and think about being somewhere relaxing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Since my day job involves a lot of reading and writing, journaling doesn't work well for me. But the nightly bath with lavendar and candles sounds devine! Thanks.

Quoting LexRi0709:

Write. Keep a journal and put everything that is bothering you or making you happy in there. Take a bath at night after the kids are in bed. Light candles and use some scented bath stuff like lavender. Read a book. Go for an evening walk/run.

LexRi0709
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I'm full of suggestions, but none work for me. I start journaling, then drop it because I get bored or don't have time. Honestly I hate taking a bath and I have pain problems making walking difficult after being around dd all day.

The only thing I have is reading and crafts (when we have money) and I feel up to doing it. In the past 2 yrs I've crocheted 3 blankets and done 2 small cross stitching projects.

I hope the bath helps! They say to reflect every night about your day and find one positive thing, no matter what it is. It could be as simple as getting to work on time or a project going right, to having kids or an so. Try that. I've been told to write it on a post-it note and post it somewhere that I will see it daily. Its positive reinforcement!

Quoting Anonymous:

Since my day job involves a lot of reading and writing, journaling doesn't work well for me. But the nightly bath with lavendar and candles sounds devine! Thanks.

Quoting LexRi0709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

these help me  - reading, journaling, venting,walking,baths, crafts, nature, meditating, prayer

tootslarue
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

listen to music,jack johnson,jason mraz,FUN.fun hasasong BE CALM its gr8. 

JansRainbow
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Listening to music helps me. I like to listen to KLOVE, a Christian station. The music helps so much. Also taking a hot bubble bath too. Exercise helps too, I do water aerobics and that helps me to sleep better. You can work off anxiety. Get in shape and have fun too.Hope you find something that helps. Take care.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I know you said small things, but I have to ask, have you ever been on minipress? Its for high b/p but its also used for ptsd. It blocks the fight or flight response. Ive been on it about 4 yrs and it has truly been a miracle for me. Just a thought. Good luck mama, hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I'm not familiar with it. Could you give me more information? I've been using breathing exercises and such, so far. I'm up for just about anything that would help. Thank you!

Quoting ashleighmama:

I know you said small things, but I have to ask, have you ever been on minipress? Its for high b/p but its also used for ptsd. It blocks the fight or flight response. Ive been on it about 4 yrs and it has truly been a miracle for me. Just a thought. Good luck mama, hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN