Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I took myself off of Cymbalta because of the seriously dangerous side effects....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I didn't call my psychiatrist to report the side effects, just cut it off cold turkey.  I didn't suffer any other side effects and didn't really notice any worsening depression as it didn't help relieve it at all. 

Next week I have an appointment with him as I do every 3 months for a med check etc and I am going to ask him to put me on Zoloft as I am hoping it will help with the anxiety as well. 

I posted previously about the side effects etc and I am going to ask him for Zoloft.  I am pretty much resistant to all antidepressants and Wellbutrin was really the only one that gave me some relief but I can't take it due to a possible seizure I had a few months ago and also suffering numerous head injuries etc so it's contraindicated. 

All I can do is try and I am hoping I can get some relief.  It will hopefully be better than Cymbalta and breaking out in huge blisters and losing some of my toenails and fingernails as well as causing sores all over my legs and arms ets. 

I am sure he won't be pleased with me for not reporting those side effects as they are very serious according to the Cymbalta site.

Hope you all have a nice day today.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

So far the Zoloft is doing practically nothing at all.  The best med that worked somewhat was Wellbutrin.  Maybe I can talk my doctor into putting me back on that again. 

Thanks for the responses.  I know it's months later.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Sorry- my meds aren't helping either. I hope you can find some help

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hope you find something that will help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I hope you find something to help you as well.  I'm going to join the gym soon and maybe that will help get my mind off of my problems. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I seem to be either med intolerant with some meds - horrible side effects that are dangerous, or med resistant - the meds just don't help.

I wish I could go off them completely, with a docs help of course but being labled bp1 has a stigma amongst psych docs and therapists that I "need" to be medicated.  I would like to try other treatments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am definitely resistent to every antidepressant I have been on and the list is so long.  I only had a very little bit of relief intermittently with the Wellbutrin but nothing to really make any difference in my day to day mood, etc.

My doc keeps telling me when the situation improves the depression will improve but it seems the situation is staying around too long.  I know money and worries about a really violent relationship which is long over are some of the things keeping me down, especially the lack of money but I refuse to give up and refuse to accept this is how it is going to be for me until I die. 

I am going to join the gym next month and I know that may help at least somewhat. 

Quoting matreshka:

I seem to be either med intolerant with some meds - horrible side effects that are dangerous, or med resistant - the meds just don't help.

I wish I could go off them completely, with a docs help of course but being labled bp1 has a stigma amongst psych docs and therapists that I "need" to be medicated.  I would like to try other treatments.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Have you processed the violent relationship? I was in one for years and I was numb to it for a few years after I left, then it all came out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am definitely resistent to every antidepressant I have been on and the list is so long.  I only had a very little bit of relief intermittently with the Wellbutrin but nothing to really make any difference in my day to day mood, etc.

My doc keeps telling me when the situation improves the depression will improve but it seems the situation is staying around too long.  I know money and worries about a really violent relationship which is long over are some of the things keeping me down, especially the lack of money but I refuse to give up and refuse to accept this is how it is going to be for me until I die. 

I am going to join the gym next month and I know that may help at least somewhat. 

Quoting matreshka:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I am not as tormented by the memories of what he did to me but I still have nightmares and sometimes feel as though he's here which he isn't.  I just have to get through it and never look back.  I tried to give him more than one chance but I saw a side of him that I never saw before and learned he will never change.  He can be very cruel not only to me but to my kids and very rude and blames me for it all.  He tried to tell his lawyer it was self-defense because I was on Xanax and he had to protect himself.... yeah, for a period of 4 days and beat me until I was completely covered with purple bruises and hematomas.  I want to get my pictures from the DA just to have as a reminder to never go back.  I think it would help me for some crazy reason.  I just want to see them and get copies and put them away only to look at when I feel sorry for him or start to weaken but he's back in prison on a violation so I have some time to continue to get him out of my system.  I have a new guy friend but I am so scared to get into a relationship and don't trust anyone but it's been almost 5 years I think and I need to move on somehow.

I hope you find some relief with your depression.  Glad you got through the DV.  I can't believe I got into a DV relationship because I could NOT understand why a woman would stay and now I know.  It's all about power and low self esteem etc. 

Take care and feel better.

Quoting matreshka:

Have you processed the violent relationship? I was in one for years and I was numb to it for a few years after I left, then it all came out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)