Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

dont want to be a mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I have a three year old and a two month old. I love my kids, but lately I wish that I never had kids. I have no patenice anymore. I go back to work on Tuesday and my mil comes today and is staying for three months. I don't know how on going to handle all of this and I don't know if I want to anymore. Some days I wish o could just end it all and not deal with any of this anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hilltopnana
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

please dont say that ,i know life can be tough i have been where you are but with medicine and will power you can be whole again,you are lucky you have 3 heailthy children,please dont ever take them for granted,i had breast cancer and know all too well that things can go to bad to worse,so count your blessings and go to the doc on monday and get yourself some help,those children need their mom.and you need to be well again.i dont know if you believe in god but he can save you. hugs.

strngenough
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM
I am pretty sure everyone goes through spurts like that. I mean with a two month old? You may not even be sleeping through the night yet. I absolutely want a vacation from life right now. Just know it'll be temporary and let yourself sulk and breathe for a little bit. Then do what you have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MassielOlivero
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I can honestly say I know how you feel. I have a 3 yr old, a 10 month old and a 3 week old. Sometimes when I'm attending to the youngest the other two get on my nerves soo bad I just want to leave them. So I do. I leave them with my husband and I escape to my mothers with the youngest (since I'm his food supply EBF) We get through it. Just gotta find that coping method even if it locking yourself in the bathroom and blasting music for awhile you know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:40 PM

thanks, i am taking a few moments for myself right now.  Hubby and the three year old are at the airport and the little one is in his bouncer.  im listening to music that makes me cry.  it helps sometimes.  i wish that i had friends or someone that i could talk to that understands what im going through.  i should be on medication for despression, but have not taken it in years.  I sholud probably think about taking it again, but my hubby does not want me to.  He does not understand how i feel.  To him, its just something that I have to snap out of.  i have had depression for about 15 years. 

mrsary
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I felt that way but didn't have anyone to relieve or help me. FINALLY my family stepped in & took them. I appreciate them awhole lot more now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mayalove
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM

BUMP!

PandorasWorld
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM

i have those days and it is very hard to continue. people say that things can't be that bad, well if it were true than alot of things wouldn't make us feel that way. Is it because we feel as if our time isn't expiring quick enough for us, or is it that mentally it's hard for us to bounce back after so much bad has happened. i am here for you because i can't do anything but fully understand what you are feeling.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:19 PM

you might be surprised that when you go back to work it will be less stressful on you.especially with your mil helping. sometimes we just need that break from our kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quoting lyrick24:

you might be surprised that when you go back to work it will be less stressful on you.especially with your mil helping. sometimes we just need that break from our kids.

The only problem with going back to work is I teach third grade. I'm with kids all day then come home to kids.
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Your husband shouldnt be telling you to not take medication. That isnt up to him. You should see your dr next week and get on medication again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN