Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center
I have 3degrees, bout my own 1st car,had a job that I was about to be promoted within the company,a lot of money and independance. But I found my soulmate,got married,and moved bc he's active duty army. We startdour family and had a beautiful baby.
Today my day consists of diapers, cooking, disney junior,and cleaing the house.
I have 3 degrees in architectural technology, cad drafting,and land surveying but my career is changing diapers.
I'm miserable.I love my baby and feel so bad about thinking this way but I often think of how nice life would be if she wasn't here. If I just had my freedom back.II'm trapped and I just want out so bad.
How can I feel this way about that beautiful baby? I tell ppl sometimes I feel lik a bad mom but they say I'm not. They don't know what goes on in my head sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I can relate, I had a career in my field that I got my degree in before having kids.  Then my bipolar symptoms came back with a vengance.  I have been a SAHM and fighting bipolar for 8 years now.  I am hoping to get back to work soon.

I think all moms who have had careers or a different life before kids feel the same way, its such a change and there is so much isolation involved.  Can you got to mom groups/mommy and me groups?  Can you work on base, do they provide child care?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

are there any mommy and me play groups that you could join up with? Neighbors you could invite over for coffee?

tiffnic
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
He's deployed now so it's just me

Quoting lyrick24:

you obviously need some me time. can your husband watch the baby sometimes while you get out? have a talk with him about it. its easy to get burned out when youre doing the same thing all the time.or how about going back to work and finding a good daycare for you child.there is nothing wrong with that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilcaesarsmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM
you need to get back to work and don't feel guilty. happy mama=happy baby
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I think we all go through those types of feelings. Can you go back to work? Being a stay at home mom isn't for everyone.

nikkiblueeyes87
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Im not gonna say that your a bad mom or a great one or even that there is a fix to the problem. BUT you are definitely not alone... Makes you wanna go to a hotel where kids stay free... drop em off at the door and go home to sleep for a night. I know...  Not that we would, but its an amusing thought

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)