Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

feeling blah. again. *update*

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 16 Replies
Just not feeling well. I feel depressed. Been this way since about Thursday. I don't know. I don't want to give up but I don't want to continue either. Wondering if I need to change some meds or something. I'm on celexa, risperdal. Also trzadone and atarax as needed.

The psychiatrist did swirch me from risperdal to abilify. She said abilify is more of an activator so it won't make me sluggish. It also doesn't increase apppetite. So maybe I can have a chance at losing weight instead of fighting a losing battle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM

yes it could be that you need a med change. try calling your dr for an appt

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I'm going to an intake appointment tomorrow for the mental health program I am enrolled in so I plan on bringing it up

Quoting leahbeah143:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

That sounds awesome! Hope it helps

Quoting iluvmybabe:

I'm going to an intake appointment tomorrow for the mental health program I am enrolled in so I plan on bringing it up

Quoting leahbeah143:

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Quoting Tracys2:

That sounds awesome! Hope it helps

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
It could be that you need a med change. Or could it be the time of the year? This time of year is very difficult for me. I havent had my oldest son with me for 6 yrs and i wish he was here for the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Maybe the holidays do have something to do with it. I'm overweight and I don't feel like I can enjoy thanksgiving dinner. Plus I just realized I'm going to have to go through my church or something to get presents for my daughter for Christmas.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

It could be that you need a med change. Or could it be the time of the year? This time of year is very difficult for me. I havent had my oldest son with me for 6 yrs and i wish he was here for the holidays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Sounds like thats why. Im sorry you are having a hard time. Is there someone you can talk to about this?

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Maybe the holidays do have something to do with it. I'm overweight and I don't feel like I can enjoy thanksgiving dinner. Plus I just realized I'm going to have to go through my church or something to get presents for my daughter for Christmas.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Not really. Maybe my mom. But she's not the nost sensitive about my depression. I'm hoping to get into therapy soon.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Sounds like thats why. Im sorry you are having a hard time. Is there someone you can talk to about this?

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Therapy helps alot. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Not really. Maybe my mom. But she's not the nost sensitive about my depression. I'm hoping to get into therapy soon.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I was going to say the same thing Leah said. Keep us posted. I hate that feeling. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)