Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm always messing up dates and times

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

And its getting worse.  I wrote down I had a 9:15 therapist appt today so after dropping off DH at work I killed some time and went down there.  They told me my appt was at 11. UGH! So I drove back ohome and am killing time here and have to go back.  All with my son in tow because I forgot DH switched his day off this week.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I have been doing that lately to. I put the appointments in my phone, and on my calendar and still get mixed up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Exactly!  I feel like I am doing everything I can to be organized but its not working!!!

Quoting diaperstodating:

I have been doing that lately to. I put the appointments in my phone, and on my calendar and still get mixed up!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

that sucks!  can you ask them to call and confirm?

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I have the same problem, I have 3 different places I write everything down so I don't forget anything.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting leahbeah143:

that sucks!  can you ask them to call and confirm?

I've done that,too.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I do that all the time. I went to a therapy appoitment at 10:00am and wondered why the doors were locked. Turns out it was at 1:00pm! Then I came to my dental appointment at 9:00 instead of 8:30. I went to appointments an entire month early, twice! I also miss appointments because I forget about them. I put them on a calendar and in my phone now to be double sure, but I still mess them up sometimes.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM

i am forgetful to and sometimes get appts mixed up. so now i double check them and make sure they are written down.

Tracys2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

It's hard. I'm still used to knowing things and remembering them, but I mess them up all the time too.

I have a paper calendar but my husband uses Outlook for his stuff. Outlook crashes a lot on my computer and then doesn't remind me, plus what if I'm not at home?

I have no solutions, but I emptahise!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I dont write the times down wrong, but I write important things down on notes and tape these notes to the kitchen cabinets so its right in front of my face. It looks tacky but its the only way I wont forget, and then sometimes I still forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sirkokobean
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

this may mean nothing, but when is the last time you had your thyroid checked?  Thyroid that is to low or to high can cause what is know as "brain fog" and can make depression worse so please get it checked if you have not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN