Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

fear builds up anyone?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

what are somethings u would do to let go of fear? 

this is my second pregnancy an with this i fear everything with my first one i wasnt like this>

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

rationalize in my mind.

SHEMEKIA
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

what do u mean

Quoting lyrick24:

rationalize in my mind.

Tracys2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I focus on how well the last one went, despite my fears. I was terrified with my 1st, that something would go wrong or that they'd take him away due to depression (I know- I was crazy). With my 2nd, I'd say "odds are all will be well. I was nervous last time too, and everything was OK"

Also I exercised, which helped a lot. And watched my son to keep me busy.

SHEMEKIA
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM

what did u fear about?

Quoting Tracys2:

I focus on how well the last one went, despite my fears. I was terrified with my 1st, that something would go wrong or that they'd take him away due to depression (I know- I was crazy). With my 2nd, I'd say "odds are all will be well. I was nervous last time too, and everything was OK"

Tracys2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I feared miscarriage (I was older, so that was valid), birth defects, ending up in the hospital, bed rest, placenta previa, PUPPS, blood pressure issues, gestational diabetes (I was terrified of that), prematurity, blood clots (found out a genetic predisposition with #2), bleeding to death (took blood thinners w/#3), food-bourne illnesses, dangers from drugs I took and things I did, PPD, having my babies taken from me, being a bad mother, autism  (I remember crying at 7-9 weeks "please smile!" because they all smiled late), transmitting depression to the kids, milk allergies, failure to thrive (they all did that officially as well), SIDS....

I did manage, with the 2nd and 3rd, to keep it much more under control, and they are fine, but it was hard. Strangely, I had management techniques that worked with pregnancy anxiety, but they don't work now!

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

what did u fear about?

Quoting Tracys2:

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I had to keep reminding myself that everything was fine and I was doing what I needed to do to take care myself and baby during my second pregnancy. I went to all my appointments and never hesitated to call about something if I  was worried about a cramp or pain, and go in to get checked out.  It was usually nothing more than constipation actually lol.

I don't think any pregnant woman goes through her pregnancy without any sort of fear, its a inborm mechanism to protect yourself and your pregnancy, but you have to stay on top of it by reasssuring yourself you are doing everything right.

Wysiwyg
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

First realize the thoughts will pass. Then try to steer towards something good and try not to go into avalanche type thinking. Once you have done this a few times you will see that the fear will begin to deminish. Always shoot for good thoughts and they will come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)