Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

good news/bad news?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

so I saw the new doc on thursday, I really liked him and he was great about explaining how the meds work and why I shouldnt be afraid to titrate my doses higher. The bad news is he put me on 3 meds, all generic, but the lamotrigine(Lamictal), is too expensive, even in a generic. Well they were closed on monday and I called today, but they didnt get back to me, to see if there is something less espensive, and if I should start the other 2 without the 3rd. 1 is xanax, so Im pretty sure I could start that, the other is zoloft, I think i should be fine to start that too, but wanted to double check. so just waiting to hear now.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It's excellent that you are getting help and have a great doctor. Not sure about the Lamictal, don't know that one. I will be asking them to give me something cheap also, so I understand! Hope you get a good answer

twistandshout
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope you get an answer soon so you can start to feeling better.

anotherandree
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Liking your doc is HUGE when trying to get the help you need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

it is ok to start those without the lamictil. one works for anxiety and the other works for depression but the lamicital works on your mood.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I would start them, and get on the docs office about getting a prior authroization (at least that what my doc calls it) for the lamictal to go through your insurance.  Usually there is a nurse on staff who does it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I am on zoloft daily and I have xanax for panic attacks.

PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

You can order your meds from Canada.  I order my thyroid meds from Universal drugstore.  Be sure to order at least a 3 months supply and re-order when you start your 2nd month so you don't run out.  Some times it can take as long as 30 days for the meds to be shipped.  Usually, though it's about 10 days.  Your doctor can phone in the script, or you can order it yourself and fax or email the script to them.

http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Lamotrigine

jurnee14
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Quoting matreshka:

I would start them, and get on the docs office about getting a prior authroization (at least that what my doc calls it) for the lamictal to go through your insurance.  Usually there is a nurse on staff who does it.

unfortunatley Idont have any insurance at the moment, but i was able to get  the doc to change the meds to risperdal and with a discount card it went from $96 to $21, so all 3 meds wer only $51, I started on wed, so  far so good, 

jurnee14
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for all the great ideas, I was ablet to get aa more affordable med,so I started all 3 on wed, so far so good I guess, havent notice much of a change, except for being a bit tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)