Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

All over the place

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

To sum it up I have Major Depression and also around September my SAD kicks in for a horrible fall and winter. My dd birthday is December 23 and of course Christmas is two days later. I am totally freaking out inside because I am trying to get enough stuff for Christmas and her birthday. I buy a little at a time but this year I don't have a job and she just started having seizures  at night causing me to get off of some of my night meds.

I am not big on holidays due to all of the deaths in the family on the day before Thanksgiving, 4 deaths in December including on Christmas Day. There is not much natural sunlight and for some reason, I don't like being around a lot of people so no really going out shopping for me. I honestly just don't know where to turn. I am in therapy weekly but all of my thoughts come at night. Not to mention I am applying for SSDI because I can't keep a job due to the extent of my depression and I feel like less of an adult because I can't work. 

My question is when is your worst time. my mind races a mile a minute at night and I cry first thing in the morning. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
twistandshout
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Have you told your doctor this? Seems to me he could give you something to make your mind be quiet at night. Good luck. I know how it feels cause my mind used to do that.

Tracys2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I have never had so many issues going on, for which I'm sorry you're going through that. My worst time is probably when I see other people, people I like, saying mean things bout me or going off making friends with other people and leaving me alone. It makes me hate myself and be jealous. Usually I already hate myself before and it just pushes me over the edge.

Have you tried keeping a journal at night? I don't really have any other suggestions, but hope your SSDI comes through

strngenough
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Night time indeed for me. When it's quiet and I lie down to sleep my mind takes off. I used to take ambien, but I'm pregnant now. I have learned listening to my iPod (nothing sad) and playing monopoly on it until I'm sleepy helps a lot. Ok unless the computer is obviously cheating then I get angry lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

my worst time is the winter because of the sunlight and daylight savings time and it getting dark so early. have you thought about ordering gifts off the internet so you dont have to go shopping?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My worst times can be any time but usually morning. The winter months are rough for me because of depression and chronic pain issus, and dh as well for depression. If we could live in the tropics we would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)