Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

celexa ???

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
My doc prescribed me celexa a few weeks ago. I've yet to take it even though I know I should at least try it. Anyone every been on this.....good/bad experience??? Would love some feedback
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erikadi
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I am on Celexa and I really like it. I like it better than Paxil and Zoloft.

anotherandree
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I took it and had no bad experience, I had NO experience.  It totally did not work for me, even at the highest dose.  

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I am on celexa 40. Can't really tell if its working or if I've adjusted to it. I've been on it for a few months. I had decreased appetite in the beginning but that lasted like 4 days.I lost a few pounds lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I was on it. I liked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel_peanut
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Thank you :) feeling a lil better hearing some experiences....maybe ill actually attempt taking it
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM

That is one that has never been suggested to me.  If I were you and you feel like meds might help your depression/anxiety I would give it a try plus time to take effect.

angel_peanut
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I've never been on meds for this but I've never dealt with this either till now ....started a few months ago. Sometimes the anxiety is crazy other times not so bad the depression feels almost constant. I go to therapy and my therapist says it's very important I take it not only to help me on a day to day basis but to help me cope better when we talk about my nephews suicide
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
I was on celexa 40 and it drove me crazier literally. I have bi polar ptsd anxiety and panic attacks and celexa aggravates bi polar and brings on the symtoms x's 10. If you dont have bi polar or anxiety it may work for you. All it did for me was put me on a 72 hr hold for attempted suicide. Good luck I hope it does work for you and can help you.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

i take celexa and it works wonderful for me. you should go ahead and take it.

rhodaj
by rho on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I have been on it for a long time. I have not had any side affects from it. When my daughter started taking it she took it at night before bed,she said that she would wake up refreshed and was wide awake all day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)