Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

PP Anxiety/OCD? Help?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm 6 weeks PP, and just suddenly started feeling "off" early last week. I thought maybe I was suffering from PPD, but I'm not depressed. Instead, I'm increasingly anxious. It's like all of my childhood fears are coming back to me. I need someone to talk to. I'm not sure what's rational or irrational thinking anymore. At night, I feel like I'm being watched and am constantly looking over my shoulder. I've been hypersensitive to sounds and lights and shadows. My eyes keep playing tricks on me. I keep having these intrusive thoughts of someone hurting me, or worse, I'm hurting myself. I would NEVER act on those thoughts, but it's really scary and only making the anxiety worse. I know this isn't right. I'm seeing my OBGYN tomorrow, but I'm not sure what she can do to help.

I just need to talk to someone. I'm trying so hard to keep it together for my little ones. No one other than my mom or DH knows what's going on. I'm scared if I tell someone, they'll think I'm crazy and try to take my kids away.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ChocolateJunky
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I did suffer from anxiety before I had children, but it's never been like this.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Tell your doc you are feeling anxious and thing you might have some post partum related anxieties.  A therapist and/or maybe meds can help.

ChocolateJunky
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Thank you. I plan on telling her. I hope she can refer me to a professional. I just want to go back to normal.

Quoting matreshka:

Tell your doc you are feeling anxious and thing you might have some post partum related anxieties.  A therapist and/or maybe meds can help.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

it sounds like you are suffering from ppd. i suffered with ppd after my first one and that is exactly how i done. it sounds like you are on the verge of hallucinations. i would get help by getting on some meds before it gets any worse.

Greenstone920
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Anxiety and Depression occur in the same exact spot in the brain.  It sounds like it is PPD related, it's just manifesting as anxiety in you. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Reaching out for help is the best way to get healthy!

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Thank you. I plan on telling her. I hope she can refer me to a professional. I just want to go back to normal.

Quoting matreshka:

ChocolateJunky
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Practically my whole family battles depression or anxiety, so I've seen in them and myself what can happen if it goes untreated. I never want that to happen again, especially now that I have children.

Quoting matreshka:

Reaching out for help is the best way to get healthy!

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Quoting matreshka:

ChocolateJunky
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Interesting. I never knew that. Well I'm getting ready to go to the doc now, so in a way I'm looking forward to getting this all figured out. Having my Dh drive me. I almost wrecked last night because I started freaking out (I was by myself).

Quoting Greenstone920:

Anxiety and Depression occur in the same exact spot in the brain.  It sounds like it is PPD related, it's just manifesting as anxiety in you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN