Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Super frustrated, but heading in the right direction

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

OMG. My doctor forgot to write the quantity on the Zoloft. Her office is closed until Monday, so I won't be able to get that script filled until then. I even looked at it walking out of the office and thought it was strange that there was no # amount, but figured maybe it just came in a pack or something. How was I supposed to know? Not like I've ever taken it before.

She did give me an anti-anxiety meds. I haven't taken it yet, mainly because I'm not anxious at the moment. Funny how that works out. Took advantage of my mood and called the insurance company to find a counselor, who is also closed until Monday. Called the pedi to discuss the safety of taking these meds while bfing my dd, but as you can assume they are closed until Monday. That lady from the PPD support group coordinator still hasn't called me back, and I called her on Friday. I'm kind of disappointed with that.

It's like I'm sitting in traffic. I see the exit, but I'm stuck at a dead stop in the fast lane and can't get over. So I'm just watching it and waiting. I seriously hate sitting in traffic, but at least I'm on the road to recovery. See what I did there?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Very cool writing. Sorry you have to wait the extra days to get started on the zoloft.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Sorry for your frusterations. I hate this time of year because of all the office closures, But you're right, you're headed in the right direction, good for you!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

lol that was funny! you are definitely headed in the right direction and you should feel proud of yourself! Super frustrating that your doctor didn't fill out the script properly, but at least you have your anti-anxiety in the mean time. Sitting in traffic definitely sucks, but at least you can see the exit, you know that you're almost there :-)

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM

sorry you have to wait on everything till monday. bummer!

ChocolateJunky
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Thanks. If I didn't have humor through all of this, I'd probably would have checked into a hospital by now. I did come forward to my friends and and family today and let them know what's going on, and the feedback of support has been uplifting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)