Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small Business Saturday

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

Will you be supporting your local small businesses by shopping with them tomorrow?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jurnee14
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM

We were just talking about this in my house yesterday.  Except for a few bakeries, delis and restaurants, I cant think of any small businesses in my area. Mabye a dry cleaner or two, but really no retail shops, everything seems to be a chain. I know of 2 small gift shops in my area, but nothing in them i really need. There is a farmers market/flea market/craft market, on saturdays, so mabye I will try to do some shopping there.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
We aren't shopping today, but will be next Saturday during our town's Christmas event.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Nope.

First, I won't be home. We are 500 miles away.

Second, I don't want anything crafty. I want anything even approaching crafty OUT of my house. And local stores either here or there that aren't crafty junk, there aren't any. We only really buy groceries and electronics and books and tall-size clothes and big-kids'-clothes (I don't even like the boutique stuff, it's ugly to me, but even so, we outgrew it). I don't even have hair cut or nails done.

I think if local businesses want to grow (apart from coffee places and such, which I totally will visit on Monday, even though Starbucks has way better holiday drinks), they need to find a way to sell stuff that people actually need, not just luxury stuff (actually, ebay is a great example!). Like farmers' markets, but ones where you can take the kids safely, or places that sell normal clothing, or off-size clothes so us tall or big people or women with size 12 shoes can buy stuff in person instead of by catalog.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I wanted too, but my older son was over today and there was no way I was bringing both him and my 2 yr old out shopping lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)