Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

How are you? 12/2/2012

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 25 Replies

How are you feeling today? Is there anything you need to talk about?

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ever_grey
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM

My day is turning out horrible... every time I open my mouth someone jumps down my throat and nothing I'm saying is even controversial. I just want to curl up and cry, but pride won't let me. I just jut out my chin and walk away... Today is supposed to be a happy day... full of love and thanks. It's my husband's birthday.

He wanted us to get up and make breakfast. No problem---I enjoy cooking. The kitchen was an absolute disaster, which automatically put me in a foul mood. For all the adults living under this roof, just one shouldn't be doing all the cooking and cleaning for nine individuals. I had to clean the entire kitchen before we could even pull out the ingredients for breakfast. Every... single... utensil was dirty, and almost all the bowls and glasses, and that's just a one night affair at this house. I should say, also, that I did do dishes before I went to bed. There's a lot of midnight snacking, if that's what you want to call it.

Anyway... did the dishes, we started pulling everything out, and the mother-in-law comes into the kitchen and says we need to get the laundry together. Um, yeah. I know. I do it every day. I know what has to be done, and I'm the only person who is apparently capable of shrinking down the chores into one day and still complete everything on the list. Now, I had some laundry from last night still going, which was our work uniforms... I was just too exhausted to finish. I'm in a CFS flare... and I'm only human, after all.

I stopped what I was doing, got all their laundry out of the bathroom and drug it out to the garage to discover she had already gone out there, took our things out of the dryer and dumped them on the floor. Oh my word. Now, all energy just drained from my body and all I wanted to do was go back to my room and sit there. My appetite disappeared, my will to do anything constructive was gone.

None-the-less, I started their load of laundry. I came back in, and attempted to start again on breakfast. She re-emerged with her arms full of more articles of clothing, opened the garage door, saw that a load was started, and whipped around at me. "You already started a load?!" Um, yeah. The washer is full of your things. There is another load waiting to be done. There was something in her tone that just struck me like a physical blow and I went back to the room. Now the husband is mad at me because I took all of this personally. To me, though, it sounded like she was insinuating I couldn't handle doing laundry---or breakfast, for that matter, because she said she would come in and make the kids' breakfast and hers the way she likes it, which translates into "you suck at cooking because you don't use a stick of butter for every dish and I'm so much more superior to you." It just seems like such a waste to make two completely separate meals, then gripe that there isn't enough food to feed everyone.

I've been having some problems with my computer, which is really my only reprieve from life as I know it, so not being able to just hop on and release all this negativity has been greatly damaging. There is an issue between my video card and monitor so my monitor doesn't always work. I'm using my computer still, but it's on a really crappy setting that's so, so laggy. I just can't work this way, everything freezes and it's unstable. I went out into the kitchen to tell my husband this... and he got mad again. "I said I'll fix it later!" Okay... okay. I didn't say you had to come and fix it now. I was just informing him of the fact the computer still isn't working right.

I can't stand to be told "calm down" or "get over it" or "I'm not playing this game today, COME ON." I can't live like this...

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM

things are going good so far today. i have plans to go out with the family for supper so im looking forward to that. i hope everyones else had a good day.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

There are things I would like to get done today, but I'm feeling tired and unmotivated lol I made some almond danishes, so I'm eating one of those while I have some coffee and trying to get my thoughts together so I can get the kitchen cleaned and the downstairs bathroom cleaned. I did get some laundry going so that was a good start!

Tracys2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Sorry ever_grey. Family drives me nuts too. You make me glad I only have the husband and kids at home!

Today was really good for a Sunday. It started out iffy- the kids in Sunday school were rowdy and I felt inadequate. Then my older daughter was driving me nuts in church, pushing on me, stepping on me, restless. Walking back in the sanctuary after dropping her at children's chuch, the pastors were laughing at me, which really made my day. For just one minute, I felt like I was among friends, friends who understand (they do, their kids are young too)! For me, that's the best feeling EVER.

Usually, at church I'm depressed because I have to watch eveyrbody hang out with friends and they don't want to hang out with me, so this time it wasn't just a good thing, it was like the thing that is usually negative for me was positive insteasd. Double-bonus!

And tomorrow is Monday, my favourite day of the whole week, so that helps too! My husband is grumpy and sick again, which is stressing me a bit, but this all makes up for a lot of it.

Plus, I love Christmas music. We got to sing The First Noel AND a song to the tune of Greensleeves (no, not What Child is this. Something else). 

It was good.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Today has been a good day. Although still a little upset over all the weight gain even though I know it is my meds.

shesliketx
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM
That is unbelievably frustrating just to read, I can't imagine having to actually handle it!

(HUGS)

Quoting ever_grey:

My day is turning out horrible... every time I open my mouth someone jumps down my throat and nothing I'm saying is even controversial. I just want to curl up and cry, but pride won't let me. I just jut out my chin and walk away... Today is supposed to be a happy day... full of love and thanks. It's my husband's birthday.

He wanted us to get up and make breakfast. No problem---I enjoy cooking. The kitchen was an absolute disaster, which automatically put me in a foul mood. For all the adults living under this roof, just one shouldn't be doing all the cooking and cleaning for nine individuals. I had to clean the entire kitchen before we could even pull out the ingredients for breakfast. Every... single... utensil was dirty, and almost all the bowls and glasses, and that's just a one night affair at this house. I should say, also, that I did do dishes before I went to bed. There's a lot of midnight snacking, if that's what you want to call it.

Anyway... did the dishes, we started pulling everything out, and the mother-in-law comes into the kitchen and says we need to get the laundry together. Um, yeah. I know. I do it every day. I know what has to be done, and I'm the only person who is apparently capable of shrinking down the chores into one day and still complete everything on the list. Now, I had some laundry from last night still going, which was our work uniforms... I was just too exhausted to finish. I'm in a CFS flare... and I'm only human, after all.

I stopped what I was doing, got all their laundry out of the bathroom and drug it out to the garage to discover she had already gone out there, took our things out of the dryer and dumped them on the floor. Oh my word. Now, all energy just drained from my body and all I wanted to do was go back to my room and sit there. My appetite disappeared, my will to do anything constructive was gone.

None-the-less, I started their load of laundry. I came back in, and attempted to start again on breakfast. She re-emerged with her arms full of more articles of clothing, opened the garage door, saw that a load was started, and whipped around at me. "You already started a load?!" Um, yeah. The washer is full of your things. There is another load waiting to be done. There was something in her tone that just struck me like a physical blow and I went back to the room. Now the husband is mad at me because I took all of this personally. To me, though, it sounded like she was insinuating I couldn't handle doing laundry---or breakfast, for that matter, because she said she would come in and make the kids' breakfast and hers the way she likes it, which translates into "you suck at cooking because you don't use a stick of butter for every dish and I'm so much more superior to you." It just seems like such a waste to make two completely separate meals, then gripe that there isn't enough food to feed everyone.

I've been having some problems with my computer, which is really my only reprieve from life as I know it, so not being able to just hop on and release all this negativity has been greatly damaging. There is an issue between my video card and monitor so my monitor doesn't always work. I'm using my computer still, but it's on a really crappy setting that's so, so laggy. I just can't work this way, everything freezes and it's unstable. I went out into the kitchen to tell my husband this... and he got mad again. "I said I'll fix it later!" Okay... okay. I didn't say you had to come and fix it now. I was just informing him of the fact the computer still isn't working right.

I can't stand to be told "calm down" or "get over it" or "I'm not playing this game today, COME ON." I can't live like this...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesliketx
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I'm tired.

I didn't go to sleep until 1am because I was so pissed at dh. He didn't get home until 930 this morning. Kids were up at 630, I had to go to a babyshower for a friend but she was the only person I knew so I felt awkward.

I have laundry to do, I came home and the house was a mess. I have finals to study for, and dinner to cook.

I'm just tired. Utterly exhausted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I'm kinda down after only one person showed up for my free class demos yesterday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Just a little stressed and worried because rent is due, along with some other bills, and I have no money. I really, really, really hope I get some child support soon so I can pay my bills and buy some Christmas presents.

My hand and arm have been going numb. Think it's a pinched nerve or carpal tunnel. I can't go to the dr bc I don't have any insurance and no money. And Tues I have to go up to my mom's, after a full day of work cleaning houses, and help her move into a larger apt. The last thing i want to do after a busy day of work, plus i am sure my arm and hand will really be aching by that point in the day.

MamaDee2Bee
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM

tired cranky and have a bad cough/cold....waiting for my dr's office to transfer my med records to the new drs office....ive been sick for the past 3or4wks...im also bummed cuz im looking for a job and ive been looking for one for the past 8or9mos. and i havent found anything...not sure how im gonna get anything for my kids for christmas this yr and im number 2 on housing list..just waiting and waiting for them to call me or something so i can move on...ive been in a shelter for the past 10mos.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)