Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking the jump back onto meds.

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

I saw my therapist today (I go for individual counseling and my meds are managed by my psychiatrist), and we agreed that I need to go on antidepressants. I have taken zoloft in the past with no real improve-ment, prozac was okay but not noticeably different.

I am already on 27mg Concerta for my ADHD every day, and I have been reading. I am considering speaking to my psychiatrist about Wellbutrin, can anyone give me any feedback in regards to that prescription?

Thanks.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
iluvmybabe
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
It made me agressive and increased my anxiety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I'm just checking in because I am in the same boat

shesliketx
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
That's what I'm concerned about. I have enough issues with that in general because of the concerta. I just want something to work. Sigh.

My main goal is to go in as informed as possible.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Li.K
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Im on Welbutrin and I like it. Im also on Citalopram... not a fan of that one. I dont like feeling like Im on drugs and citalopram does that to me. 

Li.K
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I have anxiety and depression. The psy told me that it could make my anxiety worse but I hadnt had that problem. The citalopram's side effects are worse IMO.

CrystalDawn2506
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I liked wellbutrin in the past but with me meds ( antidepressants only )stop working 2-4 weeks in. I mean the depression comes back 10 times worse and I am suicidal or have suicidal thoughts. I was back and forth on antidepressants since age 13 . I told a Dr at a mental hospital that NOTHING was working for my depression he says well lets try this to see if it helps . He put me on Lamictal and it evens out my depression like no other. It will never be gone 100% with meds anyways but its to a point I can use skills to help me through my issues. I am on this cocktail Lamictal 200mg 1 per day,Klonopin 0.5mg up to 2 per day as needed,Prazosin 1mg up to 3 per night but starting out on 1 per night.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:14 AM

i take wellbutrin. at first it made me agitated but they changed me to the long acting instead of the regular and i got ok. it works well for me. good luck.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Everyone is different but the same thing happeend to me, I am bipolar though and most anti-depressants except for effexor and cymbalta made me go into mania.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Wellbutrin made me panicky /anxious,I could not tolerate it.  I'm doing OK on Zoloft and Xanax right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)