Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

found out about surprise baby shower

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was sitting inbetween my mom and a friend at church and they were texting each other before service started and i saw on my friends phone something about getting together on Dec 9th and moms phone said she will walk in and SURPRISE!! I am really upset they were texting while i was right there knowing i could see what they were talking about and now i dont know if i should say i know or go with the flow.. my mom asked me earlier if i wanted to meet with our bible study this weekend and i know its my surprise baby shower.. i dont know what to do and im really frustrated because i would have liked to have actually been surprised!! I know I should be happy and I am because I thought I wasnt going to get one at all.. it just sucks that I found out over them being careless and they are trying to cover it up so much it's obvious something is going on.. i want to say something so they dont keep blabbering and end up spoiling more of the surprise, but i dont want to hurt anyones feelings either

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

im sorry they were careless and ruined it for you but they are trying to do a good thing for you. i would act like i didnt know anything about it and just go with the flow. after all you are the one whose going to be rewarded with all those gifts.

strngenough
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Be happy. I had to buy everything myself. I'd be really grateful to have someone in my life who thought enough of me to do something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Go. Just go . It may not be a surprise, but "it's the thought that counts" try to be happy that they care, surprise or not.. Many women have no one to offer them such support and gifts to help with the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Sorry your surprise was spoiled, but the party should still be fun. Be the "bigger person" and pretend if you must, but enjoy your firends & family

happymommy1105
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM
honestly. you sound silly.

1. stop eavesdropping on others conversions on their phones. its rude.

2. be grateful you are getting anything.

go have a nice time and relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Its a great thing that they are planning a shower for you, go with the flow and have a good time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN