Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Oldie but Newbie

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

haven't been on cafe-mom for a long time. My name is Megan and I am 32yrs old.  I am a mom of three.  Two boys 10 & 6 yrs old and one girl 3 yrs old.  Been married to my high school sweet heart for 10 yrs.  We have been together for 16yrs.  I have been dealing with depression of and on since the birth of my second child.  Had been doing really well for a while with no meds but, recently started having mood swings and been really down on my self.  Trying not to go back on the meds as I don't like how they make me feel.  Not sure what to do at this point.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LittleolLady
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Megan!  I hope you are feeling better today! You might try relaxing to some soft music; try stretching to the music and think what a nice person you are and how lucky you are to have your family; think positive thoughts! That will help and is easier said than done! But I have been in your shoes and these things were told to me and I was surprised when I FINALLY tried them, how much better I felt!  Having the holidays ahead of you and thinking of all you MUST do isn't any help either. You know what????Just strike some things off you plans! YOU CAN'T DO EVERYTHING!Megan , you are loved!Be Happy!hugs

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this

are you in therapy. that might help you some. plus not all meds make you feel funny if you take them. you just have to find the right ones and sometimes that takes some time. you may want to see your dr again too.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want to do meds, therapy and/or support groups may help you a lot.  I really like support groups, I seem to learn more there plus it gets me out of the house and around people.

rhodaj
by rho on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried talk theropy yet. Sometimes that will work. Also try writing what you are feeling.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the ladies above ~ maybe try some counseling or therapy if you don't want to turn to meds. Journaling is great too. Good luck!

irishmami2
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thanks everyone for you comments and suggestions.  I am feeling better right now.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to the group

EdwardandBella_Linda.png

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)