Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Hello Everyone!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Amy... I have Seasonal Affective Disorder... or for short SAD..... I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LittleolLady
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Hi Amy!  So sorry to learn of your illness.  We have a friend in Germany that has this disorder.He goes to great lengths to care for himself

(even traveling to Florida for three months of the year) but the interesting thing is ,when he gets home (to Germany) he still has a bout with depression).

LittleolLady
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM

AAmy I don't know what happened to my reply to you, but please know you are loved and your disorder is understood!(I guess my reply is floating around in techo-l-la-land!Hope you find it!)girl giving flower

Marharet
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Nice to meet you... My doc put me on antidepression meds.... I start on them in Sept and she takes me off of them in March or April depending on how i feel.... I hear from a lot of people that dont understand that SAD is a real depression that its something everyone has in the winter but like I try to explain to them it isnt.... But nice to meet ya and thank u for replying to my post

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Hi Amy, welcome to the group. Im Ashleigh, I too, have SAD. I live in Oregon, so winters are rough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Welcome to the group. I am Rho. Glad to meet you

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

welcome to the group amy!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Welcome to the group! I have bipolar disorder and my depressive cycles come out in the darker months.

Marharet
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Nice to meet everyone....Ashleigh I live in Pa so fall and winter sucks here too... like right now its raining which is always great... lol.... But anyway thanks for the posts and hope to get to know everyone...  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN