Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

The stress and anxiety are killing me!

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
Between my insulin pump breaking and realizing how bad off we are financially I am freaking out and on the verge if a panic attack constantly. It's killing me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Does your insurance cover it?  It sounds like its a medical necessity.  Your health comes before anything else.  Can any of those diabetes companies that have commercials help you or are they a scam?

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

try to calm down some. worrying is not going to solve anything. i think you had a good idea when you said you would get a part time job and help. sell what you can sell or pawn some stuff.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I know it's very hard - but try to calm down - the stress is not good for your health.  Huge hugs.....

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM

(((HUGS)) 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Aw Erica, I'm sorry!

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
*hugs* Is it the blood tester, or something else that broke?
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM
It does, but because mine is do old it is no longer under warranty, so it's not like they just overnight me a new one. I needed the Dr to write a script for it and it has to go through an approval process with insurance. Those little suckers are about $7,000!

Quoting matreshka:

Does your insurance cover it?  It sounds like its a medical necessity.  Your health comes before anything else.  Can any of those diabetes companies that have commercials help you or are they a scam?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM
It is a pump that delivers continuous insulin that I must wear at all times. If it doesn't hold up until I get a new one ill have to switch back to 5 shots a day.

Quoting mrsvixen:

*hugs* Is it the blood tester, or something else that broke?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Is the approval process anything like  a prior auth for meds?  That takes a few days. I would hope that if your doc knew your pump is being held together by TAPE he would do what he can to speed up the process.

Quoting elwalters77:

It does, but because mine is do old it is no longer under warranty, so it's not like they just overnight me a new one. I needed the Dr to write a script for it and it has to go through an approval process with insurance. Those little suckers are about $7,000!

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)