Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Gift wrapping

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 7 Replies
Do you enjoy it or loathe it? Are you good at it? Would you rather just pay someone to do it for you? What would you pay? i must say, it is one of my favorite tasks of the holiday season and I've always wanted to offer a gift wrapping service to make a little extra money, but I have no idea what to charge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I dont mind it if its a nicely shaped, easy to wrap box, but anything more complicated and Im lost. Ive NEVER been a good wrapper and thankfully I have 2 boys that totally dont pay attention to those details, I hate doing all the fancy ribbon and stuff cuz no matter how hard I try, it looks like a 5 yr old did it. I pretty much dread the wrapping cuz Im stuck doing ALL of it, I dont think dh could wrap a present if his life depended on it. And I almost always do all the wrapping at one time and it takes FOREVER. I wrap EVERYTHING, even the little stocking stuff. It just seems like more fun for the boys that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM

i dont know what to tell you to charge. i dont know how much it costs. i always wrap my own.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I am good at it,but, I hate it with a passion. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I can wrap a box okay, but I warp everything else like a 5 year old.  I like gift bags for that reason!

I don't know how much to charge, anywhere around here they charge a certain amount but it all goes to charity.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I hate it!!!

Ali5683
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I love wrapping the presents. I lock myself in my room with music, snacks and a glass of wine. I am very picky on wrapping and make a bow for each present. I love it!!

♥ Ali5683
SCENTSY :: aliciaivie.scentsy.us
FINDING ALICIA :: www.findingalicia.com

JansRainbow
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM

No matter how hard I try, I have trouble. Everyone knows which packages are from me. I don't mind doing it, just wish I could do better. That's a great way of making money. You need to find out how much paper, ribbon or bows cost and go from there. You want to make a profit but not overcharge. Maybe if you advertise with flyer's or notice in the paper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN