Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had 6 week pp checkup tonight!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

Went in tonight for my checkup, can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. Found out I have a yeast infection (Sorry TMI) and have been diagnosed with PPD. Have to take Monistat for the yeast infection and my doctor prescribed me Citalopram for PPD and I will be starting that tomorrow. Wish me luck! I have never had anything like this before even with my first 2 babies. I'm a little nervous to take anti-depressants. Thanks for listening!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM

i take the same medication and i dont have any bad side effects from it. i hope it works for you and you start feeling better.

matreshka
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Its good your doc was open to the signs of PPD and helped you.  Give the meds a few weeks to work.  In the mean time make sure you nap when the baby naps and try to find some alone time, if only for 20 minutes.

Tracys2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Hope it helps! I'm so glad your doctor asked you about PPD- so many don't- and you can get some help. Do read up or ask about what to expect the first couple weeks. That is when there are sometimes side effects that stop after a few days. Then the benefits really start to kick in after a while, like 2-4 weeks. Good luck! 

prdmother
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah, my doctor always asked how my mood was after each of my kids have been born. He says that it's normal to cry for a couple weeks pp, but if it continues, then it's more than likely ppd. I told him that I would lock myself in the bedroom with baby just to get away from everyone else. And he took that has a sign of ppd. He said that isolating myself isn't good. Thanks so much for all the support! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)